not done but getting there

Options
mycrazy8splus1
mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
e2d4a7f8-c332-48d7-a5fa-26666a60a454_zps9f920bdb.jpg

I started out strong last year but have slowed down recently. Not sure why I have plateaued but I'm not letting it stop me. I have had 8 kids, the youngest being a year old. Being almost 40 maybe one reason for the slow down in weight loss. Whatever the reason(s) I am in this for the long haul. My family needs me at my best and that's what I'm working towards!

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Whoa! You look like you dropped about 20 years off. I was just in a thread saying being overweight can hide signs of aging, this reminds me that it can do the opposite, too! You look really good, keep up the hard work and congrats! :drinker:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    8 kids??? Holy Moly!!

Fantastic progress!! Congratulations!!
  • mlejoy7
    mlejoy7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are amazing. Those plateaus can really be discouraging, but keep the eye on your ultimate goal. I've got 6 kids myself and am really inspired. Since giving birth to my youngest 18 months ago, I've lost about 50 pounds, and still have about 15 I would love to lose. Getting from the 150's to the 140's is always a HUGE hurdle for me. Today I'm re-focusing and I'm gonna do it in the next 8 weeks! Keep up the great work!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Thank you both.

Having a big family keeps me running but not always for myself. I try to make going to my kids events a workout for me. Like at wrestling practice for the kids I strap baby to me and run stairs. God bless baby wraps/carriers! Don't know what I would do without them! lol
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    well done!! amazing :)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well! Great motivation! You always workout so consistantly! It is a good reminder to not let anything get in the way of what we really want to accomplish.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    e54b05f3-c52c-4539-a0c9-e122b4cc2614_zps93a5309f.jpg

2affce9a-03a4-4db8-9749-360e2fd01820_zps47cc319e.jpg

before and after (really during cause I'm still working on it)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    great job so far.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a fantastic job!!!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your outstanding progress! Keep up the hard work!
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are doing fabulous..

Add me to the mom of many group. My youngest of eight turned 1 on March 12. I just recently got back on the fitness bandwagon. I am only five ft and and gotten up to 164 when I thought this is just crazy, my body frame was not meant for this.
    I am currently at 156.8 and agree that it seems impossible to get out of the 150. I did get back to 142 last summer but then when school started back up I stopped working out.
    Would I like to kick myself for not continuing...sure but stories like yours make me realize that I just need to be more diligent now.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I started out strong last year but have slowed down recently. Not sure why I have plateaued but I'm not letting it stop me. I have had 8 kids, the youngest being a year old. Being almost 40 maybe one reason for the slow down in weight loss. Whatever the reason(s) I am in this for the long haul. My family needs me at my best and that's what I'm working towards!

Slow downs happen. I've lost about the same amount as you. The last 5 lbs or so have been really slow to come off. Frankly, I don't care. I know what I need to do next. I need to put some muscle on these bones with some heavy lifting. I have a feeling that along with the fat loss, I also lost muscle as I haven't been lifting or stressing my muscles much at all throughout my weightloss. Next time you're in the grocery store, try holding 3 12-lb turkeys in your arms. That's how much weight you're no longer carrying around every day. Can you imagine carrying those turkeys with you everywhere you go? That's what you used to do. Be proud of where you've gotten even if you're not where you want to be as of yet. You're doing great.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! I have a similar story- lost 30 pounds then stalled. I'm not giving up either. Congrats on your success so far!!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Next time you're in the grocery store, try holding 3 12-lb turkeys in your arms. That's how much weight you're no longer carrying around every day. Can you imagine carrying those turkeys with you everywhere you go? That's what you used to do. Be proud of where you've gotten even if you're not where you want to be as of yet. You're doing great.

awesome idea! Thanks for the great word picture!

Thanks everyone for your kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!