New Body for a New Year

Options
I joked with my friends that I was working on a secret weapon for the end of the world last Friday and while I was two days late, here is the end result that I unveiled yesterday. RAZZY 2.0

meatmygoal2resize_zps401f4ab7.jpg

The photo on the left is the one that made me realize I needed to change what I was doing and how I was living. Thanks to the program and a reprogramming of my thought process when it comes to food, I managed to hit my goal with relative ease. There were a few plateaus along the way, but there was never a step back, no missed days in the program and no days over. My longest plateau lasted 2 and a half weeks but, with the help of one friend, I managed to stay calm and resisted the urge to make a change to what I was doing. Eventually, it broke and I was back to losing pounds.

On Saturday, I managed to run for 2 miles straight without stopping for the first time in my life. I've always been very physical, football, fencing, raquetball and hunting, but distance running was never something I could do. I hated running because I would get bored. But thanks to the TVs on the treadmill, I can stick to a half hour run. Currently working on running a full 5km. I've completed one in the past but I had to walk about half of it.

With my goal now complete, I've set a new one. I've seen amazing changes in my body and want to see what I could look like. My moobs are nearly gone and I've dropped three suit sizes, I now wear smaller clothes than I did in High School. I've gone from being one of the fattest in the office to one of the most physically active. My 30th birthday is this June and we're planning a trip to Vegas to celebrate. I would like to reach 200 pounds by then and feel comfortable enough to walk around the pool with no shirt on, something I haven't done since elementary school. I'm now introducing weights.

While weightloss can be a very difficult battle, I've even managed to accomplish an even more impossible task thanks to my transformation. My extra confidence has allowed me to over come the dreaded Friend Zone and my very good friend is now my girlfriend. I finally had the stones to take the leap, something I never would have done last summer.

Thanks for the help MFP. I recommend you to all my friends who are having some trouble. Look out 2013, there's a new man on the block and he's looking to make up for some lost time.

Replies

• RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Great work mate. Awesome progress. Here's to a great 2013!!
  • warrior63
    Options
    Awesome!!! Truly inspirational!!! Keep moving forward in 2013!!!
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good for you man... Great job, Great commitment, Great result!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! You should be very proud of yourself for taking awesome care of your body. You look like a new man! You look so happy and much younger! Great job!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! What more can anyone say?
  • radioRazzy
    Options
    Thanks. It's actually been a very informative journey. I've learned a lot about health and fitness, while also learning a lot about what I need nutritionally.
  • radioRazzy
    Options
    Just reviving this to give an update. I completed my weight loss goal yesterday and hit 200 pounds, three months ahead of my goal of June. After reaching 220 just before Christmas I reached for the iron and started lifting 4 days a week with one day of cardio that consisted of a 5k each Sunday. I'm now down 4 pant sizes and have to redo my entire wardrobe for the office.

I don't look much different from the pic I've already posted but the muscle definition is starting to show, especially in the legs, chest and upper arms/shoulders. As mentioned, my waist is also smaller.

I'm also "coaching" several people in the office and friends on how to use My Fitness Pal and they are seeing positive results already. This has been a great journey of learning and now to just keep leaning out while adding muscle.

If you're just starting out, it will be tough at times but it's more than worth it in the end. If you're stuck in the middle and can't get over the hump, think about all the effort that you've put into it already. Do you want that to go to waste? Don't panic, keep focused.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you look 10 years younger in the second picture. Very impressive.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go on breaking the dreaded friendzone! You look wonderful, and I am happy you finally have the confidence to make yourself happy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!