One of life's bizarre little quirks..

Options
I've noticed (since spring is on it's way and I spent about 2 hours outside on sunday raking up all the leaves and twigs and such from my yard) that different physical activities produce different end results.

For example- after my sunday yardwork fiasco, I was in serious need of some relaxation.

Yet after I do my workouts, rest is the furthest thing from my mind. I feel so energized and refreshed after.

So, am I the only one who experiences this sort of thing? If not, how do I get post-yardwork me to feel like post kickboxing me (because seriously, I just did some kickboxing and I am wide-the-hell awake.) ?

Replies

• upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try to make a game of certain housekeeping tasks by adding in goals, mini-goals, etc, but they still just feel wearing at the end of the day.

Idk why it is - maybe, bc the heart rate never really gets up there, and there's very low-level but ongoing resistance, and the task overall is repetitive & boring?

Lol I hate yardwork, HATE!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's not the effort but the type of workout. Whenever I kick-boxed it set something off in me - testosterone I reckon because I'd drive home like a boy racer - super aggressive. I'd buzz for an hour or two afterwards.
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a boost of energy after a workout!! Lol. I'm always exhausted and after a good stretch I go right for my bed :/