50 going on 25

Options
I will be 50 this summer and have lost motivation for staying fit. Today was my first day with my fitnesspal and I have done great. I hope I can keep it up.

Replies

• Elizabethcable
    Options
    Nice to see another 50 person here.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    50 rocks girlfriend.......you can and will do it!!!!!! Look how beautiful you are now, you are only gonna get better!!!!! 1960 was a very good year!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It is MIND over Motivation!!! Good job with joining MFP and I am very glad you had a great day!! If you want to join a fitness thread that logs their daily workout just message me and I will gladly give you the threads name!! 50 is just a number and I remind myself of that cuz I am 51!:wink:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    By setting small Goals and meeting them, you will build your motivation. Keep tracking your Food and exercise. Make your Journey One Decision At A Time.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    53 , but 16 in my mind!
    some days I feel like 90, then I see a 90 year old who gets around like she's 20,
    so I remind myself "it could always be worse":ohwell:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    50 is the new 30, girl! Keep plugging, and don't forget to congratulate yourself for every success no matter how little. Lots of little success add up to one big success! You can do it, and can have many, many healthy years to look forward to.
  • flathead45
    flathead45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In Nov '09 with my 50th birthday five months away I weighed 192. That's when I resolved to be "as fit at 50 as I was at 30".

I started eating clean, taking karate & then added boot camp. Five months later I turned 50, weighed 52 fewer pounds, and looked in the mirror to see muscles I never had at 30!

That saying, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS" is soooo true!!!

Stick with it. Take one week at a time & envision yourself in your "skinny pants" on your 50th b'day. It will happen!
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am 52 and I love this site. It makes it so easy to stay on track. Good luck and make tomorrow even better than today.:smile: