First NSV - Hypertension resolved

Options
tulsaBill
tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
Had my first Dr visit since starting and have been taken off my hypertension meds. They gave me a 'just-in-case' script and told me to monitor for the next few weeks and if it goes back up to get if filled but if not I can stay off the drugs.

Also for my health plan I have to get blood work every year. Results came back and other than BMI ALL the numbers are in very good ranges. I knew they would be better but I was shocked at how good everything was.

Replies

• VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :) I was on 5 hypertension meds, down to 2. I hope to be like you when I go back to the doc next month.

Keep up the good work!
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! Way to go!!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Look into taking a CoQ10 supplement. At my heaviest, I had BP issues too. I also took garlic pills.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/coenzyme-q10-000295.htm

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-failure/tc/coenzyme-q10-topic-overview
  • ChazMikoyan
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV! WTG!!!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    super - that reminded me that at my dr visit today, BP was in a lovely range, where last time it was "borderline" HBP. Hurray for us!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    GREAT!
  • tulsaBill
    Options
    Thank you all. I am floored by just how awesome MFP and it's user community has been.

We could end the obesity epidemic in America if every phone sold came with it pre-installed.
  • linnzers82
    Options
    had this app on my phone for awhile but haven't really used it as often as I need to. Hoping this really works! :)
  • tulsaBill
    Options
    It works. I told the Dr yesterday that if I had know it would be this easy i would have done it years ago. Consistency is the key. You have to log everything and be brutally honest about it (even if you go over) and you will see results.

For me, changing the macros to 40/30/30 (carbs, protein, fat) made the biggest improvement. I have the calorie deficit set to 1000 a day which should = 2lbs a week but I am getting closer to 3.5lbs on average.

I'm a pretty lazy guy and if I can do it You can do it!
  • tcasey4
    tcasey4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!