Breakfast?

What are some easy breakfast ideas that I can have for the morning? ALSO ADD ME :D

Replies

• chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    refrigerator oats (aka overnight oats) are very easy.
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    greek yogurt with 1/2 cup kashi go lean cereal (instead of granola)
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    I like multi grain english muffins with almond butter...Yumming and filling!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Eggs, sausage, toast, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, ham, protein shake....you can also find different types of microwavable breakfast biscuits in your grocery frozen food section. I don't eat a lot of bread but that's an option if you do.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I did a search for Protein Pancakes on this site, and have been trying the recipes I found once or twice a week. So far I have one that I like pretty well, it takes like 5 minutes to measure and cook (total) and is 184 cal for 1 pancake (it's supposed to serve one person but i can't eat both of them)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    ron-swanson-bacon.png
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Porridge, I make mine with traditional oats, chia seeds and almond milk. Very filling.

2 Whole egg omelette

Hard boiled egg with some bacon

Omelette muffins

Leftovers

Poached salmon

Greek yoghurt with fruit

Greek yoghurt with toasted oats

Plantfusion shake if in a rush.
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    - Eggs (just don't overboard with cheese, butter or milk if you have them scrambled)
    - Greek yoghurt with unsweetened muesli or wholegrain cereal (use cinnamon as sweetener)
    - wholegrain toast with avocado and tomato.

Pretty anything wholegrain and full of protein is good for brekky :)
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    I alternate between 2:

A Thomas' Whole Wheat Bagel Thins with 2 tbsp Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter - 310 calories
    1 cup Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup BJ's Trail Mix - 470 calories

I tend to eat the bagel thin/PB on days I'll get an earlier lunch, but the yogurt on days my lunch will be later because it stays with me longer.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    I just finished a loaf of wheat beer bread that I made, it was a boxed recipe from tastefully simple, so I jsut added beer and baked it. At 140 cals per slice for a decent serving I had it for breakfast a lot. I added cream cheese and blueberries, peanut butter, butter and brown sugar....the list goes on. I baked it on Sunday and all I had to do was microwave it for 20 secs and top it. Pretty easy and filling.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Toast with jam, hot cross bun with butter, scone with butter, muffins, muesli with greek yogurt and honey - can you tell I have a sweet tooth!

I take pictures of all my meals and track them on my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. It might give you some ideas :)

Ax
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    pop tarts
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    I normally have a poached egg on toast.
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    I have overnight oats for breakfast, which consists of 50g of wholegrain rolled oats mixed with a tablespoon of milled flaxseed, a teaspoon of baobab and half a teaspoon of cinnamon and 180ml of almond milk. I have this on the days I go to work at 6.30am and it keeps me full and satisfied until my lunch break at 1.30pm. I know it's a bit boring to have the same thing all the time but it keeps me so full that I'm scared to change it in case I'm famished during the day (I'm a teacher so I can't just snack whenever).
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    My breakfast every day is the same:

Rolled oats in microwave- 3 minutes on high with a tablespoon of peanut butter or chocolate strawberry jam (180 calories for jam, 240 calories for PB) and 30 calories for .5 cup of almond milk

Also scrambled egg with two egg whites and bacon I already cooked the weekend before- 200 calories

I would bet each breakfast takes 4 to 5 minutes to make. Easy peasy.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    I alternate between 3

whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana

egg sandwich on e muffin or bagel thin with light cheese and ham

or if I know I'm having a crazy week I'll make muffins (banana or blueberry) and grab one with a hard boiled egg and some fruit
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Along with all the wonderful breakfast type foods mentioned above(Yum!), it's okay too to eat foods that aren't typically thought of as "breakfast" foods. For example, I've been known to eat a tuna fish sandwich for breakfast.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    My go to breakfast ideas:

Mini omelettes: blend eggs, spinach, salt pepper. Mix in additional items as desired (sauteed mushrooms are really good. As is seasoned and browned beef). Pour into greased muffin tins and bake until set. Reheats well.

Steel cut oats: Make them on the stovetop a little thinner than usual, divide into 1c wide mouth mason jars, top as desired (1t brown sugar, 1T raisins for me), store in the fridge for up to a week and reheat in the microwave. I use the plastic lids, not the metal ones.

Light english muffin with almond butter and a little honey.

2 slices of good bread (I like Matthew's All Natural), toasted and topped with a half wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese per slice.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    I just had a homemade protein powder muffin, a boiled egg, and a bagel thin with cream cheese.
    Kashi Go Lean! Crunch (or other granola cereal) with almond milk, a boiled egg, and a clementine also tend to be common breakfasts.
    Omelets with spinach and cheese, and fruit.
    Chocolate Chip protein powder pancakes with a side of fruit.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    In my house, breakfast is the biggest challenge because we are all rushing out the door.

Sooooo.....The first thing I did was make a list of healthy breakfast options that I had in stock and placed it on the door of my fridge.

Secondly, I take a sandwich bag and bag up my hubby and my own breakfast the night before so that it is a quick grab while heading out of the door.

Here are some ideas of what we have on the go:

Nutrigrain bar with fruit or nuts

Cheese and Meat stick with fruit or nuts

Smoothie (prepackaged in the yogurt section) and a boiled egg

Boiled egg with fruit or nuts

Frozen lowfat cinnamon rolls (bake on a Sunday, divide and freeze in individual bags)

Sausage patty/breakfast ham with boiled egg

Slimfast shake

On the weekends we may have cereal or a more traditional breakfast. I generally try to do high protein as it carries me to lunch with no snacking. However, I rotate in a low protein one from time to time just to keep my body guessing.