I think I hit a plateau..little emotional break down..

Options
Hi everyone!
I've been doing Insanity and eating clean..so far, it was good, but the last week was a disaster..

I weighted and mesured myself in the begining of month 2 and I had a deal with myself not to weight and mesure until I'm done with Insanity (I have 4 days left!!)..so all this is based upon a feel (which I consider more important than pounds and centimeters)
I'm 5'9, 74kg ( one month ago)

I feel like crap, I feel bigger than before, I feel my legs are huge, but I didn't change a thing! I really think I hit a plateau.. I got the feeling that I'm not losing any fat and that I'm just getting bulkier and I hate it!

I wonder if anybody dealed with the same thing and what happened, what did you do to change that? Is it gonna last forever or do I have to calm down and do something else (what?)

ps: I'm not losing motivation or giving up, I just want to change things up!!

Replies

• shesmartina
    shesmartina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I'm eating 1500 calories a day, sometimes (rarely) I hit 1800-1900..but in that range..
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Are your pants not fitting?
  • jjones9298
    Options
    Are you drinking Shakeology? I loved Insanity but did find that I actually had to eat a bit more (it is a very intense program) to keep up my metabolism...I would often have an extra shake and that helped me lose a ton of weight.

Julie
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I'm eating 1500 calories a day, sometimes (rarely) I hit 1800-1900..but in that range..

net or total?
  • shesmartina
    Options
    my pants feel way tighter!!!

I don't know the differrence between net and total? :/
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Net is after your exercise.

Total is what you ate.

Go to reports, nutrition, and you can see your total and net since you started logging.

If your 1500, is TOTAL then you probably need a bit more food, according to the laws of MFP.
  • shesmartina
    Options
    according to the scale on reports, I estimate my average amount of net calories a day is 1500
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    according to the scale on reports, I estimate my average amount of net calories a day is 1500

try to net at least 1600. your BMR is just over 1500, so i bet you're not eating enough.
  • skinnyvegan108
    Options
    I always get myself out of plateaus by obnoxiously zig zagging cals lol healthy maybe not but it works.
  • shesmartina
    Options
    thanx guys..I'll try to eat more so we shall see :)