HOW DO I STAY ON TRACK

FOR SUM REASON I GET TO EXCITED WHEN I LOSE A FEW POUNDS AND GAIN BACK WHAT I LOST HOW DO I STAY ON TRACK AFTER A FEW POUND LOSS?

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    I stopped using food as a reward. Just because I've been going to the gym, eating healthy and balanced meals, and lost a few pounds does not mean that my reward is excess food. Stick to it. Find a new reward system that works for you.

For me I'd rather shop!
  • yeah i love shopping but dont want to be broke
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    get on the scale less. if that's what is making you go off track, stop doing that so often.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    STOP SELF-SABOTAGING WHEN YOU LOSE A POUND OR TWO. HAVE SOME SELF-CONTROL AND SAY "SELF, THIS IS NOT WORTH IT."
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    I agree with staying off the scale. Weigh just once a week. Also, I make food a game for me. I see how healthy I can eat and how many meals I can get protein in. I only eat fruit at the beginning of the day. I try to not eat carbs at the end of the day. Plus I try to stay active every day. Walking is my favorite form of exercise. It takes time but is so worth it! But I try to mix it up a little like dance one day, walk the next, do some strength training the next. Try to make it fun! Do you love music? Put some on and shake it. :happy:
  • quiltngrandma45
    quiltngrandma45 Posts: 16 Member
    I have only been here for a short time and I lost 1lb in 15days and I was on cloud nine then the next day I had too many cal. and pigged out that night and gained back 2lb. So the next day was my weigh in and that is when I found out I had gained two pounds do I put down the extra weigh or stay at the smaller weight . Thank you.:sad:
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    It may sound really silly and maybe not very helpful to you, but I use weight loss to keep me on track! When I see a couple or even one pound gone, like you, I get excited! But I use that excitement to keep me going. To see how many more pounds I can lose by the next weigh in. I try to only weigh myself once a week (weigh in wednesdays!!!).
    If you feel like you should reward yourself with something like a treat (which I'm not a huge fan of only because it can knock you off the wagon if you're not careful) you can do an apple with a caramel dip, fruit dipped in chocoloate OR I've been doing the 3-2-1 cake. You mix a box of angel food cake and another flavor of cake with that (I choose chocoloate). Mix those in a freezer sized zip lock back and shake it all up! Then in a coffee mug, mix 3 tablespoons of the mix, 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 mintue. You can add some additional stuff like chocolate chips or nuts if you want! It's said that with no add ons, the cake is only 80 calories!
    Add me if you like....support always helps!
  • I am driven by fear of my family history. We have a growing history of late onset diabetes. I know from personal experience that diabetes is a ruthless disease and I have to get my weight down to avoid it. What my motivation is, is that my friend Don just had to have his toe surgically removed due to diabetes. That was enough for me.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    May be if you open your diary we could be more helpful to you and see how you are sabotaging yourself. I find that a lot of people on here ask for help, but expect answers to a closed diary. If you really want help open the diary and let us give you an honest answer and also the support you so rightly deserve.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    yeah i love shopping but dont want to be broke

That's why I only shopped at the big mile stones - 25 pounds, 50 pounds, 75 pounds, 90 pounds. It spaced out the rewards so that I wasn't in a permanent state of BROKE and it also helped me not get too excited over a few pounds. It became "OK I am that much closer to my goal so lets keep going!"

Next mile stone is 100! and that means a new swimsuit for summer.