a non-nasty tasting fish oil supplement?

Options
atrebor18
atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
I've added some vitamins to my daily routine, including a fish oil pill because omega 3s are important. I just grabbed the first one I saw at the store and the bottle says no fishy after taste and that is a pack of lies! Its the grossest thing ever!! I was wondering if you could recommend a specific brand of fish oil pill that isn't totally disgusting tasting? Or what about flax or another alternative? I would like it to affordable as well but I'm willing to spend more if I have to. Thank you!

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I take mine just before getting in bed so I sleep through the fish burps.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've added some vitamins to my daily routine, including a fish oil pill because omega 3s are important. I just grabbed the first one I saw at the store and the bottle says no fishy after taste and that is a pack of lies! Its the grossest thing ever!! I was wondering if you could recommend a specific brand of fish oil pill that isn't totally disgusting tasting? Or what about flax or another alternative? I would like it to affordable as well but I'm willing to spend more if I have to. Thank you!

Try to get enteric coated and some people report that freezing the pills help

And no flax is not a viable alternative
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Innate Choice Fish oil. You NEED to get a fish oil that is kept in the refrigerator because fish oil can go rancid easily. having it cold also helps with the taste... and generally higher quailty fish oils are kept in the refrigerators at health food stores.
    Also make sure you have the therapeutic dose of 1700 mg EPA/DHA to get the benefits of anti inflammatory/beneficial reasons for taking fish oil. I take up to 5000mg of fish oil because it is especially helpful for weightloss and wellness.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Freeze your fish pills. When you swallow there is no nasty taste, or weird burps later.
  • djc0821
    djc0821 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended keeping them in the freezer, and taking them frozen. I have found this avoids the fishy taste and burps.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Freeze your fish pills. When you swallow there is no nasty taste, or weird burps later.

I never even thought about doing that ,I'll give it a try!
  • RxRachel87
    Options
    Glad to see others know about freezing them. I'm a pharmacist and I always tell my patients to freeze them - hope that helps!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Freeze em. :)
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I use a fish/flax/borage oil capsule that is enteric coated, and I keep it in the freezer. I'm at work right now and don't have the brand with me, but I purchased it at Wal Mart. If the caps aren't "Enteric Coated" I have issues with them, whether they're frozen or not!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    This is what we use and it is lemon flavored. Not fishy at all.

Omega_Sufficiency_Lemon_500ml_USA.jpg