GIRLS ONLY - Monthly weight question.

Options

Replies

• Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes! I normally don't let it bother me becuse I know it will be gone in a few days BUT we are in a weight loss competition at work, it ends tomorrow and we have to weigh in tomorrow and I started my monthlies yesterday. So even though I've been in 1st place for 50 days (!!) those 2 pounds are going to cost me the competition. I'm very unhappy :cry:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My other problem is my pelvic floor is lazier round that time so extra water means extra potty breaks!:blushing: women just can't win:grumble:

Cassie - can you weigh in in your undies? Or else hide fruit in everyone else's pockets:wink::laugh:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Yup. I don't even go near a scale during that time of the month.
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    I was in the middle of my period when I had my weekly weigh in last Thursday and I was actually down 3lbs.
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    Um, yes. I gained about 5 lbs the week of my last one. I pretty much panicked for a little while... it's hard to truly believe it's just water weight when you've been working so hard...
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually can be counted on for 8-12 pounds each time...it's great to see the scale when that (and hopefully more!) jumps off, but it's HORRIBLE to see it jump ON overnight!!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes, BUT I've found extra calcium around that time helps. Less extra weight when I'm drinking skim milk with ovaltine or eating fruit with nonfat yogurt after workouts.
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ya...I gain about 10 lbs and a couple of different personalities.
  • Ampedette
    Ampedette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started a weightloss competition recently and I almost cried when I weighed myself 2 days before "that time". I had done everything right and I was up almost 4 pounds!! I hadn't even factored in that this might happen. I am so glad to read all of your comments because now I know it's not just me. All I have to do now is figure out how to not give in to my salty cravings :tongue:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It's not a 'problem', it's biology.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. They say the average woman gains around 7lbs at that time of the month.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Definitely. You bloat, retaining lots of water.
    I'm 117 lbs, and can fluctuate 3-5 lbs around my period.
    I stay away from the scale during those days.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing every single day since last June. I've also been using an app called Pink Pad. Turns out that we gain that stupid water weight twice every month. Think this is why women get so discouraged easily.

So my app sends me a message when I'm "flowering". :blushing: that one makes sense cause the body is making a nice plushy flowerbed for the egg. So then that passes, water sheds and then we wait for the second wave.

It makes a lot of sense when you see the pattern weighing everyday creates.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I gain 7-10# and my whole body swells up, my fingers look like sausages.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    I get nauseous! so I am on a roller coaster drop 1-2 lbs but gain it back when I start to binge Lol...... drives me crazy!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Not only do we bloat and gain weight, the body naturally flucuates from 1-5 lbs daily. So don't worry, if you aren't over eating you will be back to normal and probably be losing a pound or two in the process :)
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-5 pounds during my TOM. It's normal and goes away a week after my period ends...so I'm usually bloated for about 2 weeks out of the month.....Unfortunately
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Like others, my water gain was more like 4-5 pounds. Don't stress and just weigh yourself in a few days. :)
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    LOL this was probably the best post I have ever read! I gained about 5-7 lbs, and it drives me crazy!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes! My TOM is next week and the weight is already coming...up 3 pounds from sat.... And I want to eat everything in sight...I usually gain 3-7 pounds every month...