Hi I'm 47 and new

Options
stongue
stongue Posts: 34 Member
Hi all! I'm 47 and new to MyFitnessPal. I love it already....any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated now and in the future. I have 80 lbs to lose total and have lost 11 so far. I love the way we can track our exercise and food both here. That has always been a difficult thing for me to stay motivated to do. I have a bad right knee so right now have to be careful what exercise I choose to do. I'm hoping as I lose some of the weight it will take pressure off the knee and I'll be able to do more.

Replies

• Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Like you, I have a dodgy knee and despite that have managed to lose over 30 lbs so far - so it IS possible. You will do really well here - just keep to the plan and exercise every day - even gentle walking all adds up. Best of Luck - the pounds will be flying off soon!

Where in the world are you? You haven't filled out your profile yet.

Funnydream.
  • stongue
    Options
    Thanks so much, Funnydream. I really am new to this and haven't had a chance yet to do the profile. I'll try and work on it over the weekend. Thanks and I will definitely add you as my friend. (My first here) Thanks for the encouragement.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    a fine year 1963--year i was born--like you i have leg problems and have to be careful with exercise--i do what i can at moderate pace -i belong to a gym and walk on the treadmill but with hill settings--just keep your heart rate as high as possible and let those lbs drop off--i have been here 3 weeks and have lost 8lbs but i have lost 24lbs since starting my quest in april--the tortoise approach always wins out in the end!!-welcome
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and I'm old ;-). Add me as a friend if you wish and I'll help motivate you.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I can confirm that once you lose some of that weight your joints WILL feel better, as that is exactly what I have experienced! My knees and hips used to hurt all the time, but now I can't remember the last time either area was hurting. Good luck to you!
  • stongue
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement! I belong to a gym and so far have been doing the elliptical which seems to be the easiest on my knee and the treadmill. I also have been doing the circuit for weight training but haven't been doing that for very long. I'm up to 1/2 hr of cardio at this point. I have noticed that the more regular I am getting with my workouts the less swelling and pain in the leg. So because of that I also feel that it will continue to get better in time. Thanks for confirming my hopes. Right now my heart rate has gotten as high as about 145. And thanks Aunienue I would love to add you:) Hopefully we can help each other.