Funny things you believed as a kid :)

Options
AlbaAngel25
AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
I was talking to my hubby the other day about some random things we used to believe when we were little.
I told him that whenever I heard on the news about serial killers, I thought they were cereal killers...., ppl who killed cereal lol Hey I was a kid okay.
Also, when i would hear my parents or tv talk about the government, I thought the government was 1 person that decided everything and pretty much had all our fates in their hand.

What silly things did you believe as a kid?

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I thought babies came out of belly buttons.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    That some women weren't crazy. When all of you are, in fact, crazy.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    *kitten* caused hairy palms...
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    that I couldn't have sex before marriage
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thunder was the noise made by angels when they were bowling.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thunder was the noise made by angels when they were bowling.

I used to believe it was God moving furniture around. :laugh:

I think the weirdest one I believed was hiding under my covers would save me from monsters..

Oh and a 'bargain' was a toy horse for my Barbies. Just because my mum pointed to a toy horse before, and said 'Help me look for bargains!'.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    that restaurants gave out condoms, when, in fact, they were giving out condiments.... i just though "condoms" was a shortened term for it.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that teachers had lives outside of school, I sort of thought they were robots who recharged at the end of each day.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    That I could get pregnant at any time in my cycle, and that premarital sex always ended in herpes.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    That if I was going fast enough on my Big Wheel, I could ride it up the pine tree in the yard. Yes, I landed on m head a lot from that belief.

JM
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    That if I was going fast enough on my Big Wheel, I could ride it up the pine tree in the yard. Yes, I landed on m head a lot from that belief.

JM

You're not going fast enough.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I thought babies came out of belly buttons.

^^^^ This ^^^^ But also that you got pregnant by a boy putting his finger in your belly button LMAO! I knew it had something to do with boys and girls getting together and kind of put it together in my head that if the baby came from your belly button then the boy had to put the baby in there with his finger haha.
  • PurplDeuce
    PurplDeuce Posts: 113
    Options
    That if you swallowed enough watermelon seeds one would grow in your belly!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options

I think the weirdest one I believed was hiding under my covers would save me from monsters..

Wait...that's not true??
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That saying the "F" word (or any other swear word other than crap) would immediately ban you to hell, forever and ever.

Oh, and also that if I didn't run out of the room immediately after flushing the toilet, it would somehow suck me in like some evil toilet-tornado and I'd wind up lost in the sewers. And I may or may not have, at some point, been convinced that I could talk to trees. (I was a strange kid)
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options

LOL, yeah I had that one too, but I blame my grandpa. He told me the hairs coming out of his ears were vines that sprouted when he swallowed a watermelon seed, and it took root in his belly. Of course, this is also the same grandpa that told me jackalopes were real, so I guess I should've known better at that point.
  • PurplDeuce
    PurplDeuce Posts: 113
    Options

LOL, yeah I had that one too, but I blame my grandpa. He told me the hairs coming out of his ears were vines that sprouted when he swallowed a watermelon seed, and it took root in his belly. Of course, this is also the same grandpa that told me jackalopes were real, so I guess I should've known better at that point.

:laugh: Granpa's are great like that!!
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I teased my stepson and told him that if he messed with his bellybutton it would come untied and all his stuff (guts) would fall out LMAO So evil :laugh: He is 12 now and he knows its not true, but to this day he does not like for anyone to try to touch his bellybutton. :blushing:
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I always thought a "Coin wash" was where you went to wash your pennies.
    I had no idea it was a laundromat
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    That the boogie man was a dancer.... :noway: