I need friends who kick my butt!

Options
hsr728
hsr728 Posts: 12 Member
I just wanted to introduce myself. I signed up just a couple days ago and am looking forward to the encouragement you guys can offer. I was a stay at home mom for 2 1/2 years and have recently rejoined the workforce. I find it hard to find/set aside time for myself and to take care of myself when it just seems to be easier to not do it. I am an avid LSU fan and enjoy my college football Saturdays. I love animals and have quite a zoo. I am 31 and live in Columbus, MS (unfortunately) ick. Want to know something else? Just ask!

Replies

• alliesteeley
    alliesteeley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been on MFP for over a year now and I'm hooked! Add me if you would like! I'm pretty good about commenting on diaries and workouts logged! I love to meet new people :))
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me!
  • daniellacastelucci
    Options
    Welcome sweety! I also need friends to kick my butt as I used to hate doing exercizes. I love animals too, and playing with my labrador retriever has been helping me to keep active even after finished the workout. Try to play with dogs chasing them and you'll get fit quickly ;-)
  • 2bsexy4me
    Options
    Hello everyone! I joined last week and have started keeping a log of my intake and everything. I started exercising on Feb 15, 2013 and as of March 15,2013 have lost 8lbs..6.5 total inches and have gone down 1 dress size!!

Needless to say I'm very pleased with my progress so far and I look forward to further success! I'm so happy we're here for each other!!
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    feel free to add away anyone else is welcome to as well
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I won't kick it but I can do other things to it if you like?

Shoot me a private message and let's get this thing rolling. :wink:
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I hope you stick with it. This place can be a great resource if you are open minded, willing to learn, and have actually decided that you are going to make a change for the rest of your life. Friends are awesome to have, and a support structure is extremely valuable but you will have to kick your own butt. EVERYDAY.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I won't kick it but I can do other things to it if you like?

Shoot me a private message and let's get this thing rolling. :wink:

NO.

YOU'RE MINE
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm sure you know this, but it'll cost you a lot more in the long run if you don't take the time now to take good care of yourself.:flowerforyou:

Let's do this together! Sending a friend request.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 month old daughter but I am Georgia fan! Feel free to add me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends who kik my butt. Some strangers, too. I don't recommend the strangers.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the 1st step to a new start at a healthier you! I've been a member for over a year now and I started MFP to lose weight for my wedding last May, I can tell you that I lost 36 lbs and 3 dress sizes with the help of MFP, the gym, and my supportive friends on here! I left for a while after the wedding and put on about 10 lbs and working on getting that back off and more by our wedding anniversary (so far I have about 8 lbs to go to get back to wedding day weight). Currently my new goal is the dress in my profile pic, which is for a wedding at the end of April (which is 1 size smaller then wedding dress), so find a goal or something that will motivate you to get to where you want to be, make tiny goals that you can work towards and have fun with it! To you and anyone that wants and gives support, Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was a SAHM for a while too, and I just started working again part time in November. I sent a friend request! I'm also needing some friends, so anyone can add me!
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm sending my friend's request now :) I log on daily and try to give encouragment to everyone :) Anyone else on here please feel free to add me. Good luck, everyone!
  • RochelleAvila
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I am always looking for supportive new friends too!! :)
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me too :) I like to work out and I can give you a kick in the butt when you need it :)
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP for exactly the same reason! I've tried to find friends locally that can help hold me accountable and keep me on track but no one sticks with it. I'm realize I need to be accountable to myself and have the discipline to make this work but I've always found having someone else that you don't want to dissapoint works so much better - at least for me.

I've got a long way to go and I'm looking for at least a couple people that will call me out when I need it (and want me to do the same for them). If that sounds like something you're willing to do please add me as a friend.
  • SexyKricket
    Options
    Wow I love these posts. So encouraging!!!! I need help as well I have been on here before but wasn't as motivated to track. I need a shove, and some ideas. I have been working out about 6 days a week since the beginning of the year. I definately have learned a lot more about working out but wasn't seeing much of a difference. I need to watch my calories. I'm here if anyone would like to add me, I can be encouragement and love to hear anyone that is making a change for themselves and would appreciate any help. Please add me or let me know of I can add you as a friend.
  • hsr728
    hsr728 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think I have added everyone, anyone I missed, add me! I appreciate the comments most definitely! Some of you guys made me LOL. I am ready to make my lifestyle change and am looking forward to working with you guys and kicking booties in return. :) Thanks for the encouragement. Please, please, please remind me of my new motto: Skinny *****es don't eat ice cream. :laugh:

I think a lot of my problem is I don't see results on the scale and get discouraged and quit. Now that I have better tools, the calorie counter, the measurement guidelines, etc. I think it will be easier for me. I am not going to get complacent though. Another problem I have is I get bored doing the same thing over and over again, so if someone wants to design a program for me for 5 weekdays/30 minutes a day (taking into account I am a fata** right now) I sure wouldn't refuse it. :happy:

Right now, I am going to do MWF Jillian Michaels' 30 DS and TTh stationary bike as far as I can go in 30 minutes. ( Can't remember if I said that already) Any other suggestions?
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm always game for giving some encouragement. I live in Ireland, but am a big College Football fan too (though I won't say whom I support for fear of upsetting you - or the couple of AU-supporting friends I already have on here, who don't know either!). Welcome to the best weight-loss forum on the Internet... :)