Feet shrinking say what

Options
I wonder if what they say is true that your feet shrink when you lose weight , I am guessing it does because as my weight increased within the years my feet have gone up as well maybe not much but it was noticable

Replies

• Darmonatrix
    Options
    yes! ive lost 1 1/2 sizes from a 7-7.5 down to a 6 (UK) so you have to ask yourself - where does it end....haha
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yep. I've gone from an 8.5 to a 7.5. ring size also went down!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They sure do. I usually wear a 9 1/2 and I can now wear bwtween an 8 1/2 and a 9.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    REALLY wierd thing happened to me....about 9 years ago I lost 40lbs and half a shoe size. Over the course of the past 2-3 years I gained back about 45lbs...and my shoe size never went back up. Do not get it, but glad I didn't have to replace all my shoes again I guess?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yes...you have fat stores all over your body.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It freaked me out but yeah, my feet shrank! I have no idea why because I have almost no body fat there, but I lost about a half size especially in stilettos and small heels with wrap around buckles! It was a sad day when I donated my silver wraparound stilettos, but that gives me an excuse to get a new pair! I also went down half a size on my ring finger. I thought I was getting arthritis for a while because my knuckles were looking swollen, but my relatives told me it was just from losing the fat in my fingers!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I went down from a 9.5 to a 8.5....So the theory about looking at a guys foot is not right.
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    your feet will shrink from weight loss through fat loss as well as through fluid loss. You never realize how much fluid you retain in your feet until you start losing weight or you get pregnant :)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I was in a 4E running shoe when I started. I'm in 2Es are now and they're almost loose. I'd say it's true to some degree.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't really shrink much, but one of my NSV's is that I can wear heels again! I guess all that extra weight just put too much pressure on the front of my feet when I wore heels.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    True story! I used to be a solid US Women's 11 and now I wear a 10 - 10 1/2. Sometimes I still go for the 11 because it is dang near impossible to find a 10 1/2.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It freaked me out but yeah, my feet shrank! I have no idea why because I have almost no body fat there, but I lost about a half size especially in stilettos and small heels with wrap around buckles! It was a sad day when I donated my silver wraparound stilettos, but that gives me an excuse to get a new pair!
    Your feet shrink from loss of body fat but also your foot bones don't expand as much under less weight.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yes. As you get heavier (like when I was pregnant), your arches begin to flatten out, making the foot longer. Sometimes (not always), as you lose weight, your arches can return to where they were, and as they "spring up", your feet will be shorter in length. I went up a 1/2 shoe size in my last pregnancy...and over 2 years later, I managed to go back down that 1/2 size just last month, thanks to working out.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My feet were the first things that shrunk. I remember thinking, 'Of all the places! I don't even care what my feet look like!'
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have gone down 1 size. I was a UK size 10 not because of length but because I had wide feet. I can now fit into a size 9 and even a size 8 motorcycle boot.