Tracking drinks at the bar

Options
2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    21st birthday. All drinks are zero calories.

Have fun, don't bother counting calories. That just makes the whole point kinda... just don't log and have fun for the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be tracking **** on my 21st b-day.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

pre-log, guesstimate, or just take a single day off from counting.

I take off days... its depressing. but hey I gained 10lbs this weekend... already lost 8.. carbs and drinks and bad food exit thy temple.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I try to log them in as I go via the MFP app. It does get a bit tricky with mixed drinks but I try to go with worst case scenario. Assuming that drinks are made strong and knowing that there is more calories in an ounce of liquor than an ounce of soda or juice, all you need to to is enter appropriately for the glass size. SO, for a 6oz tumble of Jack and coke I might enter 1.5-2oz of Jack and 3-3.5oz of coke, assuming the the last oz. is water.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

pre-log, guesstimate, or just take a single day off from counting.

I take off days... its depressing. but hey I gained 10lbs this weekend... already lost 8.. carbs and drinks and bad food exit thy temple.
    same here. I logged my beer from this weekend.. at least as much of it as I could remember. Was up 8lbs, already gone. Yay water weight.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    for every drink - have a glass a water.

it’s the best habit to start.

my husband and I call it the "reward system". after you drink your water - you "reward" yourself with a drink.

it helps you stay hydrated and drink a little less.

no one needs to know its water. if someone gives me hard time for "not drinking" I just tell them it’s a vodka and sprite.

happy birthday! enjoy :drinker:
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you like cocktails, it isn't hard to log them. Even the obscure ones I like are in the database (Try an Old Fashioned or a Sidecar).

I also try to plan ahead and pre-log so I know how much I can have before going over. That is tough to do when it is a big day and people are buying you drinks. Even if you aren't going to track calories, you should have some trusted friend keeping track of your drinks, and making sure you don't overdo it. Stay safe and have a great time!