I wish... (pics included)

Options
(I DID DELETE THE PICTURE NOW. I WROTE BELOW I PROBABLY WILL.)

I wish one day I can post in this forum and tell you guys I lost all that disgusting fat.
I posted a picture of my body on here one time when I weighed 7 pounds less than now.
But I never post body pics anymore.
well guys, I'm going to today. Not because I've "succeeded" in any way, shape or form.
But so you guys can get on me about this.
When I go out places, I pull my pants over my belly & people say "What are you talking about? You're not fat, you're thick!" That's because I hide it pretty damn well. My jeans cover my stomach making my butt pretty damn visible.
No one knows the truth.
But me.
So now you all will & maybe that will push me to exercise because what I'm going to show you? NOT PRETTY. NOT THICK. Just ...
Gross. Lazy. Fat.
I'm not posting this topic to get attention in any way, I'm posting it so maybe this will force me to work towards my goal.

To be honest, I NEVER see this when I look in the mirror. But looking at a picture? I definitelyyyyyyy see it. I'm a butterball ready to be sexyy <3
I'll probably delete the picture later.

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You are far from gross. I know you aren't looking for compliments but I just had to tell you that you look "average" to me. I think that if you just tone up you will look great!!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I here you! I feel the same way about myself. We are our own worst critics! I don't see it everyday but a picture sure makes it a reality. You can do this, you've got it girl! Get up, get moving! Make it happen!

Friend me if you want support.
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    You have a beautiful body already! Everyone feels a certain way when they see themselves in the mirror. When I look at myself I'm like ughhh.... When I see you I'm like GOD I wish I was there!!! lol Ultimately we have to work for what we want. I might think you look nice but I know in your mind you feel your own way about your body. Which is why the change comes from within. We are all in this together. Whatever weight makes you happy I am here to support always :)
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're far from gross. I feel the same way a lot of the time. My weight hides well in clothing too. We just have to remember to take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a buddy if you like. I'm also on FB. Shoot me a message.
  • zissou
    zissou Posts: 10
    Options
    I know how you feel, I often feel the same way. Just know that we are always harder on ourselves than others are. Hang in there!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm not even going to look at your picture, but I do want to tell you one thing: Get rid of the negative defeating self-talk. You are only harming yourself with it, and it will never do you any good, ever. You are beautiful and you should treat yourself as so. Be kind to yourself! It was the best thing I ever started doing. It will take you far. :flowerforyou:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm not posting this topic to get attention in any way, I'm posting it so maybe this will force me to work towards my goal.
    It's your goal, you do it or you don't. If posting this somehow motivates you, well. That's cool.
    So now you all will & maybe that will push me to exercise because what I'm going to show you? NOT PRETTY. NOT THICK. Just ...
    Gross. Lazy. Fat.
    Hey, awesome! I'm much heavier than you. I don't think of myself as gross, lazy, or fat. This makes me feel SUPER. :flowerforyou:

edit: Ok, I do think of myself as fat. Fair enough.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    hey girl, I'm Sierra (:
    we have a very similar body shape! if you'd like, i would love to be friends to keep each other motivated!
    you are not gross, you are beautiful! don't put yourself down love (:

p.s. i get called thick all the time, take it as a compliment (: no one says "girl, you're thick!" and means it in a rude way. i think of it as a gift, getting to have curves. the hourglass shape is a gift hun, embrace it (:
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If I looked like you, I would be so excited because a whole lot of me would be gone. I can, however, see what you mean. I think you need to really start isolating areas and working on them. You can do this. You can become the person you want to see in that mirror.
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 5'1 and weigh close to 200. No one believes me unless I'm actually ON the scale that I weigh that much. I've been told I'm "big boned" and "thick" as you so eloquently put it. I cannot look at myself when I work out, it's something I'm working on with my personal trainer. You've got to tell yourself this - You are what somebody ELSE is working towards. You are someone's skinny. When I tell myself that, I muster up energy and positive thoughts to complete whatever task I'm dreading. Good luck to you on your journey!! You are beautiful!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Were always harder on ourselves. That being said, I hear you.

1. Don't give up!!
    2. Don't make excuses!!
    3. Only you can make you the best you can be!!

Eat several small meals regularly. Precook chicken or cut up veggies as regular snacks. Try not to eat late or snack after dinner.

If you fall of the wagon...get back on. We all do! Oh and you can do this!! :)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be 100% honest here.. I hate when people tell B.S. of if you look fine etc.. Especially when you need criticism so you know where to correct yourself.

My opinion, not to be hurtful.. You are certainly over weight, but you are doing well.. Miracles don't happen over night but I'm sure because you want it so bad, you'll get great results! I would say you are 'heavier' than average, but hey that doesn't mean it can't change!!

If you need support, everyone on here is here to help and motivate you! I'm sure we are all willing to offer any advice that you're in need of too!

**Usually people will tell you how you look 'fine' but that's usually because they're scared of losing you to the obsessed state.. Do yourself a favour, put down your desired body fat % and work towards that.. when you reach it, STOP! Don't say you want to be skinnier or anything like that, its where you will lose yourself!

Good luck! :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I hear where you're coming from. I look at myself in the mirror and see the 250 pound me and some days I feel disgusting! But I'm here for you if you need that extra push! As long as you promise to push me back! :drinker:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I will tell you right now....use this as motivation or whatever you want to do with it.

There are women out there trying thier hardest, sweating thier a$$es off, depriving themselves, getting thru the bullying of being the "big girl", sucking it in hard to fit into thier jeans,crying thier eyes out, fighting a very very lonely battle

all in an attempt

To look exactly how you do the moment you snapped that photo.

:flowerforyou:
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i am sure someone said it already but you need to use the pics as motivation, that is what i did and lost 40+ already.
    you already decided that you want to loose the weight, now you need to commit to loosing it and you will be successfull with our help in the community. i am there for you for motivation and support girl!!
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can make the change in your life. Take it one day at a time, set manageable goals for yourself that you can reach each week.

It's a journey and it will take time. We are here to support you :)
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Self-perception is a killer isn't it? I know (logically in my head) that I look way better than I used to look. But sometimes when I see myself in the mirror or in pictures all I can see are the parts of me that I want changed. It's really difficult to actually see the parts of me that have improved. I'm hoping that I can get over it someday. Low self-esteem, constant mind battles between motivation to act and resignation that I can't do anything about it, and years of spiraling neglect got me to where I was when I started this journey (I weighed just over 240 lbs).

The best thing that I have to hold onto is my daily work. If I've worked on trying to improve myself today, then I try to celebrate that success. Every once in a while I'll get discouraged about how I look in the mirror, but I'm not ready to face that confrontation yet so I just keep focusing on the daily effort. If I miss a day, then I look forward to the next one where I can do BETTER.

You're going to do wonderfully! Celebrate EVERY small victory and eventually that big victory will be yours sooner than you think.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    NOT PRETTY. NOT THICK. Just ...
    Gross. Lazy. Fat.

Please do not body bash yourself - you keep telling yourself you aren't pretty and that you are gross, lazy and fat, and that is all you will ever be.

It's all you. You either do it, or you don't.

Come on girl - you've already decided you want to lose weight, be strong and make it happen :flowerforyou:
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    (I'm talking to myself here too) But Girl you can do anything you want to do! You're beautiful and have to love yourself just as you are... In order to change the physical appearance. You're not gross. Lazy? Maybe! LOL I don't know you. And yes, you're chunky but I certainly wouldn't say 'fat' or 'obese'. I'm fat/obese (300 lbs of fat). But I know if I just continue to hate myself and beat myself up I get the "*kitten* its". You heard of this? When you hate yourself and just figure why try, you're just going to fail again, nothing will get better, you're not worth it... *kitten* it all... it's a real condition ;-)
    When we like ourselves enough and speak positivity into our lives, that's when we change.
    Just keep making the next right choice - you're doing great. xoxo melissa
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When you hate yourself and just figure why try, you're just going to fail again, nothing will get better, you're not worth it...
    Haha, we need to turn this around.

"Ugh, I'm fat, I'm ugly, I hate myself, ... I'm going to have some cake!"

No! You don't give cake to people you hate! You only give cake to people you love. People you hate, you wish them an eternity of burpees! You give them an all you can eat buffet... of KALE! You send them a bunch of Jillian Michaels DVDs!

THAT IS REAL HATE.

Giving up and laying on the couch and eating chips while watching Judge Judy, that's being indulgent.

(please note: I like exercise, eating healthfully, and even fitness DVDs. I do NOT like burpees, kale, or Jillian Michaels specifically, and those three things together are my personal version of hell with a capital N-O).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!