Why are those last few pounds so hard?

So I only have around 9 lbs left till my goal weight, but its going so slowwwww! I think I'm at that point were I need to stick to measuring inches and bod fat because the scale isn't budging at all! I'm ready to throw it out! Even when I look at myself in the mirror and I don't really see a difference. Any tips to spike up the fat burn? I have a spin bike that I use at home 4-5 days and week and I do pilaties as well. I don't have access to a gym so I cant lift heavy and I can only do body weight exercises since I have no weights at home either. It just seems so frustrating. Sorry about the rant :/ any comments/tips welcome!

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    So I only have around 9 lbs left till my goal weight, but its going so slowwwww! I think I'm at that point were I need to stick to measuring inches and bod fat because the scale isn't budging at all! I'm ready to throw it out! Even when I look at myself in the mirror and I don't really see a difference. Any tips to spike up the fat burn? I have a spin bike that I use at home 4-5 days and week and I do pilaties as well. I don't have access to a gym so I cant lift heavy and I can only do body weight exercises since I have no weights at home either. It just seems so frustrating. Sorry about the rant :/ any comments/tips welcome!

i'm in the same boat as you! i fluctuate about 5-8lbs every week, but i never get to my goal haha
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Try changing up some workouts---adding 5-10 extra minutes throughout the day
    Evaluate how much water you're drinking and maybe add more
    If you haven't calculated your new tdee/bmr for lighter weight, do that and maybe need to adjust caloric intake?
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    buy some hand wieghts. and do some workouts with them is my suggestion. I didnt see any wieght loss until I changed it up and started doing that like 30 day shred with 3lbs wieghts my body is already use to all the cardio. Your body might be used to the bike already
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    I would say add strength training too. Look for sales on dumbells or for used ones on Craigslist. Using your body weight is a good start, or resistance bands are usually cheap. If you can't afford to go heavy yet just do more reps. You might be able to find things around the house that you can lift.
    Maybe even just mixing up your cardio will help. If you've been doing the same thing over and over again your body has adapted to it. If you've been eating at a deficit for a while, taking a break and eating at maintenence for a week or 2 could help too.