Les Mills Pump & Combat.....reviews?

Options
2»

Replies

• hikergirl70
    Options
    You are going to LOVE PUMP. I think it's the best program BeachBody has! I've done almost all of them! For strength training and absolute sweat drenching fun, it's the best! Which pack did you end up getting? I have the Deluxe and love the cardio workouts. Combat is my favorite. Step is a killer leg workout!
    Let me know how it goes!!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got the Pump. I'm on Day 8 and so far I really like it. Today was my first day of Pump & Burn and I really enjoyed the DVD.

Out of the DVDs I've done so far (Pump Challenge, Flow, HC Abs & Pump & Burn) I can say that Flow is the only one I didn't care for. I found it hard to learn the moves (I've never done yoga type stuff) while watcing the video. And it's just not my thing. I like stretching after workouts not necessarily AS the workout. I found it odd that Flow just went into the workout with minumal instruction yet Pump N Burn (the second lifting DVD) had techinique /how to talk and I wasn't expecting it past Pump Challenge (the intro DVD). Other than the talking at times, I really like it.

I wish weights didn't have to jump from 5 to 10. 5s are too light for some things (arms) while 10s would be too much I think. I may have to try and see.
  • sunshine22222
    sunshine22222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found it hard to go from 5 to 10 pound weights, too. I purchased 2.5 pound weights from BB to add to the barbell, making it 7.5 on each side. I loved LMP. CoMBAT is better. I love the boxing. Yep...
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    I am now on week 6 of Combat and it is hands down the best/most fun workout I have done !!! Love the trainers, their energy, the moves everything is great.
    I barely do any modifications anymore ..

I can jump now, kick higher my core is stronger it feels amazing !

I bought Pump it'll come in a few days..I will do a round 2 of Combat hybrid with Pump.
    I am really anxious !!!
  • jls1520
    jls1520 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completed the program and here's a rundown on the first month's results. I have posted my complete review here, too.

http://www.turbopulse.com/les-mills-combat-review-month-1/
  • jackierosales87
    Options
    Les mill combat is one of the best sellers I just bought it MSG me for more o
    More info
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty much all of the Les Mills classes at my gym. Combat - my fave. Cardio workout. That's pretty much all there is to know.

Pump is good if you want high reps and low weights. It's good if you have not been doing any resistance training and can teach you the basics. However, it does not focus on lifting 'heavy' and is not very balanced - a lot of 'front' of body and not much in the way of back strength or core. I see a lot of bad form in pump. Though this is partly due to bad instructors