slacking

Options
i need motivation period. im eating "better" but not always and definatly need motivation to work out. i just feel like i never have time. but the truth is i need to make my time for this...

i just need some encouraging motivaters.

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Girl I am right there with you! I was thinking about posting a reward. If someone finds my motiviation I'll give them cash! LOL
  • kelkenneally
    kelkenneally Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would work for you but what i have started to do was carry around and old picture of myself when i was at my ideal weight and i carry around a picture at my current weight i put them side by side and compare them... it usually stops me from going and buying a candy bar:):)

Drink lots of water.Make yourself... set a goal of 2 bottles before lunch and it is easier to attain.

Another thing that i do is I used to get up at 6:30 to get ready for work now i get up at 5:30 and exercise for an hour it really starts me day off great. I feel like i have already accomplished so much and only have been awake an hour... Hope this helps
  • forbesn
    forbesn Posts: 5
    Options
    Two things that I have found motivating to exercise:

1) I bought two new sets of workout clothes and don't want to waste the money!

2) Find someone to work out with. Any time I can get my husband to work out with me, or a friend, it keeps me accountable and gives me something to look forward to!

Good luck!
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Exercise in the thing I have the most trouble with because I hate to sweat! :sad: So I need help with that too. Good luck and keep on trying.
  • silican
    silican Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat a month or so ago and here are a few things I did, that may help you:

1) I started spending more time on MFP, entering calories religiously and then checking out forum postings. Seeing people dropping pounds with 600 - 1000 calorie exercises gave me a good start.
    2) Bought a good weighing scale. No more complaining tht the bathroom scale is broken
    3) Bought a good kitchen scale. Now I measure everything I eat. Salad to Rice to Frozen Yogurt

I started walking a mile each and slowly turned that to running a mile. Now I run about 1.5 mile a day and do some more cardio. Guess I should be doing something right. Lost about 10 pounds since I started :)

Good Luck
  • kristi3238
    Options
    haha that would be great insentive for all those motivational speakers ha

maybe we could keep them in business
  • kristi3238
    Options
    thanks everyone. I definatly will go and buy a food scale. i have been thinking about this for some time.
    the comment about keeping up with mfp must be true becaues the times that i was slacking i wasnt putting my food entries in ! makes sense. if im aware of what im eating im sure ill be able to say NO to that extra snack i dont really even need.

im the same way about exercising in the morning before i take my shower. but it is very hard to get up. one week im working first shift then the next im on 3 3rds. so its just im everyweher . that is my own fault. did you know it is best to do your cardo befor you eat anything . so getting right up and working out is good because for one your body is using stored energy (burning fat) and two your not going tooo long first thing in the morning without eating anything. ill have to make this more of a priority

thanks everyone i feel MUCH better.

kristi

im going to california in august maybe ill be down a total of 15 pounds by then. already down 4.4!
    i got 9 weeks to lose11 pounds.