vinaigratte

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
hi everyone.......
posting for the first time in this forum related to recipe..............
i wanted some good recipes for using balsamic vinaigratte?.............. it is low fat and i do not know how to use it

Replies

• wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can buy balsamic glaze, but sometimes I make it by simmering balsamic vinegar until it is reduced by 1/2 - 2/3.
    The result is a thick sweet balsamic glaze that is about 30 calories per table spoon.
    I eat it on salad (actually prefer this to most dressings)
    I eat it on roasted veggies.
    I eat it on open face steak sandwiches.

You can also make a vinegarette
    1 TBS oil
    1 TBS balsamic
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oh another great recipe I know for it is to get red potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, rudabegas, carrots and onions, cut them into chunks and toss them in the vinaigrette and then broil them. SO yummy!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i don't use a balsamic vinaigrette, i usu just use balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. i really like it w spinach or salads...just toss a salad w EVOO and some of the vinegar w a lil Parmesan. i will also cook spinach w it: in the oven inside a foil pouch or on the stove top: few handfuls of spinach, onion slices, garlic, just a lil sweetener (splenda, brown sugar, honey, whatever). i cook the onions and garlic first and then throw on the spinach. it cooks down like crazy. The touch of brown sugar may sound weird, but it just works to counter the bitterness of greens...it's a common trick among Southern cooks to put a touch of brown sugar in collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, cooked spinach, etc.

if you have a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette, i'm sure you could use it the same way i do w the vinegar and oil. try rinsing some olives and soaking them in the vinaigrette for a while...i bet that is wonderful.

i highly recommend this approach:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/simple-balsamic-vinaigrette-recipe/index.html
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try this recipe this week. i love dijon, but never thought of combining it w balsamic. oh buddy, i can't wait!!
    You can also make a vinegarette
    1 TBS oil
    1 TBS balsamic
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It is really good on shrimp too! I season the shrimp with a bit of sage, pepper, and garlic first.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipes ....... will definitely try them....
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Oh another great recipe I know for it is to get red potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, rudabegas, carrots and onions, cut them into chunks and toss them in the vinaigrette and then broil them. SO yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

add beets to this!! mmmmmmm and sprinkle with feta!!!