17lb left to lose n struggling help anyone

Options
anyone out there want to be friends, i am 42 yr old female from uk. Lost about 2 and a half stone in last 2 yrs have about a stone and a bit left to go but i eat healthily and have maintained weight for about 6 months that last stone is a killer to go . any help much appreciated. I love to run when the weather warms up and i have the motivation, love fitness dvd's . any help appreciated .

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Hi, you've done great losing over 2 stone and keeping it off :) the last stone is the WORST!! I don't want to dishearten you but it has taken me 10 months to lose 12lbs and I'm on my LAST 7lbs now!! I fully expect it to take another 4 or 5 months but I'll keep going and I WILL GET THERE!!
    If you need motivation add me and I'll spur you on the best I can :)

(ps I'm 43)

Ruth
  • maddykins70
    maddykins70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ruth , i have done the c25k before and i plan to do it again as i had a lapse over the cold winter months and didnt go out running much. I also love doing the home dvd's have a few . I have also recently started playing squash with my boy which is great fun. Some weeks i do need motivation to go though, usuall have 1 week in the month off .
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am 35. Lost 46 pounds in a little under a year. Have 20 pounds more to go. Loss has slowed down to a trickle. I have tightened my routine again. The wait gets tiring after a while. However fitness has become a lifestyle in this one year. I know the only way my weight could go is down.
  • Brialychr3
    Brialychr3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 44, have lost 11 lbs over the few couple of months but I am struggling getting the last 15 lbs off. I do really well for a week or so and then I sabotage myself, usually on weekends with a few glasses of wine then I make bad choices the next day with food. I have my fitness going on - I typically spend 5 - 6 days at the gym. I am fine with food at work, its at home at night that I make bad choices most of the time and its usually with sweets. I want to control it but I don't know how. I know its just saying no.... but I have a difficult time doing that. You can add me as a friend if you wish - maybe we can motivate each other. I think getting down to these last pounds means really controlling food intake somehow, someway. Val
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    right there with you. I am down to my final 12 and I have been maintaining that for quite a while.