The Picture(s) that Motivated Me

Options
LowcarbNY
LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
This last weekend I was on my annual spring ski trip @ Smuggler's Notch Resort in Vermont. Been doing this every year since '07 or '08. I'm a bit fuzzy on when we started. Same weekend every year. As I was riding the lift and having time to muse I realized that one of the big motivators for me to lose weight was some of the pictures from last years trip.

On this night a year ago one of our condo mates told a funny story that had me laughing so hard tears were streaming from my eyes. Dear wife snapped a few shots while I was out of control. Later, after the trip, when I viewed them I was quite disheartened. I'd been trying to lose weight but I just wasn't happening for me. Now I looked at these photos and the reality of the situation hit me. I was 5'-9", 225, 55 years old and the heaviest I'd ever been in my life. I looked it and felt it too!

2012-04-02+015a.JPG

2012-04-02+016a.JPG

2012-04-02+017a.JPG
That's an extra-large t-shirt there and it isn't fitting that well.

Motivation can come from something you see, from something you hear, from something you want to do or something that you don't want to happen.
Take that motivation, get over the hurt or pain or embarrassment, amplify it and use it.

Now the during and after pics.
10-21-2012+001.JPG
Down to a size large shirt.

IMG_3160-001.JPG
Would you believe it? Size medium!
2013-01-29+031.JPG
New ski clothes. Last year's were way too big. Next to my 16 year old son who is same height but about 140 lbs (rail thin)

I've backslid a bit off the absolute low but still hanging in there.

Here's to finding your motivation, wherever it may be.

Replies

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look 20 years younger!! Although that's the happiest before pic I've ever seen!! Congrats.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look fabulous!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring, LCNY! You look incredible, younger and most of all - healthier and happier.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I love it when people share "before" pictures where they aren't looking like a grump-*kitten*. :)

Looking good man!
  • MsOssining
    MsOssining Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and I'm sure you feel healthier and more energetic. You did a awesome job and are an inspiration!
  • lsmarie25
    Options
    Ah what an amazing transformation!! Keep it up, you look great. :happy:
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    great job buddy
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow! You've come a long way, congratulations! (and...have to agree that that's the happiest "before" pic I've see!)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Thank you. It was a picture that embarrased, mortified me and that ultimately got me going.
  • srsavaria
    srsavaria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting those pics, they are very inspiring.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job there, you look amazing♥
  • Kancan
    Kancan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your story and pictures are amazing!! Congratulations!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Looking great! And much younger!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!
  • gettinmeback143
    gettinmeback143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great motivators! Were you at Indian Wells for tennis??:smile:
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nice! continue to inspire:)
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look so much younger, too!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    what a great story!
    you look hot!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Great job LC! You look fantastic, healthy and vibrant! You're proof age is no excuse - thanks for posting and inspiring :-)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and I'm wishing someone would tell me a story that funny!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!