Trying to get motivated again.

Options
I logged on here religiously for months about a year ago. Then my life spiraled downward, my marriage fell apart and I started to rebuild. I just lack the motivation to get it done. Anyone out there wanna help kick my butt into gear?!

Replies

• thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will - I've been there too....EXACTLY there.

You can do this - small steps, small goals..BIG SUCCESS!
  • jeschuler43
    Options
    I am back as well, we can do this!!!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Thank you both!! I just can't seem to get back into a gym regimen and counting carbs doesn't seem to be working as well as it has in the past!
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can and will do this!!!! baby steps, I am here:)
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of exactly what you're feeling as well. Like thunderwoods said, small steps. Joining the mini- challanges helps me. We have one about to start now- Memorial Day Challenge- it's a little longer than the ones we did previously, but I believe it will still help stay one track. Counting carbs if fine, but get your butt moving! Get up and dance to your fave song, walk in your neighborhood, or clean for longer than you normally do- these things add up. I'm going to take my own advice as well. WE WILL DO THIS!
  • minni2906
    Options
    Thanks. I am definitely gonna look into the mini challenges!!
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Start with diet changes first! Eating right will show the best results until you get your workout motivation. It's 80% diet 20% exercise. I always say you can't out exercise a bad diet.
    You also need to find what's really important to you in taking control of your health and use it everyday. My motivation is my husband. Eating right, taking care of myself, and working out is more important to me than a greasy pizza. I wanna live a long life for him. So find something that is really important to you and use it.
    Feel free to add me!
    Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    I'll do it. :P
    I try to be encouraging and give advice if I think it'll help. I have a fear I come off as annoying but nobody has unfriended me yet. :p:)
  • minni2906
    Options
    Thanks. Annoying may be just what I need!
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    One small change at time, start logging your food everyday, don't worry about calories, carbs, etc. Log everything for a few days and then you will see changes you can make gradually. Same with exercise, start with 10 minutes, if you do longer EXCELLENT!!!
  • EithneM1972
    Options
    I lost the weight 12lbs and now have it all back on :( I am getting married in 5 weeks, went to try on wedding dress today, zipper broke, I want to die :(
  • EithneM1972
    Options
    I lost the weight 12lbs and now have it all back on :( I am getting married in 5 weeks, went to try on wedding dress today, zipper broke, I want to die :(