Biggest Loser Disapointment

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I was extremely disappointed in most of the at home contestants last night an their results, not all but most of them. some looked like they had gained or just maintained what they had lost at the ranch. I think the cop looked the best. Really disappointing efforts on most of their parts.

Congrats to the top 5 tho.. they looked great!!!

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what happens when you go back to normal life...you don't get to work out 6+hours a day and have all your meals cooked for you...
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I agree - I was looking for the "wow' results of former seasons. I did think the mom of four (Lisa?) looked fantastic and toned and she was obviously losing still at 138. The cop looked great and so did all of the top 5, especially Danni. I thought Joe, the older guy and former athlete, looked like he was much more muscular than the younger two in the top five.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Danni, Jeff, Jackson, Gina, Lisa, Joe all NAILED IT!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what happens when you go back to normal life...you don't get to work out 6+hours a day and have all your meals cooked for you...

Agreed. They don't have time to go and work out all the time, they have jobs and a life.

I think my biggest view of that was Season 12.

John lost SO MUCH. He also didn't go back to work and just kept working out till the finale.

Becky didn't get to lose so much. She had to go back to being a teacher, she had to support her family. Yes, she went to the gym after work most of the time, but she didn't stop her job.

We have this unrealistic view of how they're all going to be so tiny at the finale! TC and Micheal looked great they both lost so much! But, they didn't reach a goal of under 200lbs by the finale so CLEARLY they did something wrong in SIX months.
    I liked how everyone looked at the finale because all the at home people had realistic weight loss.
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree Lisa was the best looking at home contestant, and alot of them did look similar to how they looked when they left the ranch...but there were still some major wows, even with the kids! love the biggest loser, it should be on all year long!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I think that show is one of the single worst influences on people trying to get healthy.

It's basically like watching the lottery for financial planning advice.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think that show is one of the single worst influences on people trying to get healthy.

Haha yes!

Of course they won't lose as much when they get home, they have lives and can't workout and under eat all day everyday!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Good analogy.
  • GRbeacher
    Options
    No kidding, wouldn't we all have an easier time if we were at a "spa" and had personal trainers. Give me a few weeks of that and I could get totally addicted to exercising regime. However I wouldn't be caught dead on TV with the world seeing my excess :)
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The mother of four, and all of the top five looked great. Danni was a little over made up. No longer looked like the home town girl. Joe ought to know how to train, with his professional past. The cop looked great. He is from Sapulpa, small town near my home of Tulsa. Way to go! Going back to real life has to be tough after a twelve week focus like that. None of us have time to commit year round like that. There's something called making a living that gets in the way. Congrats to all of them, though. They have come a long way towards a healthy future.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I knew I loved you.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised at how great Lisa looked. I also really enjoyed the kids. They looked amazing. But I do have to say, I was really pulling for Jeff, he has been one of my favorites from the beginning. Joe and Jackson were also up there in my faves. I know that the Biggest Loser is not realistic in that they eat extremely low calories and work out several hours a day, but their transformations are inspiring. I just hope they keep their healthy lifestyles and are happy, I know many of the past seasons contestants were not happy even after the show. I have not really watched Biggest Loser until this season and the main reason I was watching was because they incorporated the children and made awareness for childhood obesity.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

My fiance doesn't get why the show angers me so much. I just don't feel it's accurate or responsible.

If I WANT inspiration and motivation, I don't have to look further than my friends list. People who did it on their own.
  • fitgirl4x48
    fitgirl4x48 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Loved Danni the entire way through and figured she'd win it, but man!!!.....I really wanted Jackson to win something, I love that guy!! He had such a turnaround, ah well.....Danni worked it the entire way and deserved it, but hope to hear more from Jackson in the future in other ways - maybe he'll get a sponsor or something. :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I think most shocking of all was Courtney from season 11, she won the Subway commercial spot with Jerrod. I didnt even recognize her.. she looks like she had put a lot of her weight back on. Not sure how thats going to translate into a successful subway commercial????
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I thought that they all looked pretty good and did a good job at home. This is how much they lost at home:

Danni - 26
    Jeff - 58
    Jackson - 40
    Joe - 22
    Gina - 29
    Alex - 31
    Francelina - 39
    Michael - 45
    David - 45
    Lisa - 71
    Pam - 51
    Cate - 45
    Nathan - 74
    TC - 95

Not sure how long they were home, but these are much more realistic and healthy weight losses than they have on the ranch, and they are more likely to continue to eat healthy and work out now that they've added this to their routines (especially the ones that went home earlier than others).
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options

They give a lot of good advice, but if you expect to lose the weight that the contestants are losing each week then you really have another thing coming. For people who are smart and know how to take things off it's an entertaining show, especially to see the contestants "get it". The bottom line though is that it's unreasonable to expect to be able to work out 6 hours a day.
  • shelleycc
    shelleycc Posts: 49
    Options
    The overall weight loss was indeed impressive. I thought that Jackson, Jeff, and especially Joe looked wonderful. One must know, though, that every time the contestants weigh in they have put themselves through days of "making weight" practices, so that they are fasted and seriously dehydrated in order to pull good numbers on the scale.

Danni's musculature was truly stunning...I think she has a gorgeous figure. Her stylist should be shot, though, I thought Danni looked like a trollop from the neck up. I was stunned by Lisa's figure, but to tell the truth, I thought she looked 15-20 years older than she did on the show. She just looked so dried out and depleted.

All in all, I imagine that during the build-up to the finale, the contestants have been obsessed solely with dropping pounds on the scale, to the exclusion of all else. Anywhere else in the world, such a mind-set would be diagnosed as an eating disorder.