Bar Method and Running Friends?

Options
I have always been a runner but just started taking The Bar Method classes a month and a half ago. I love them. I am looking for some friends to help motivate each other.

Replies

• lcamilli
    lcamilli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to run until my knee really started bothering me. After trying to get back into it at a gym I found barre classes and eventually quit the gym membership to start going to the bar method as my full time exercise program. I LOVE it. It is the first workout I have found I really enjoy and I can feel the results. I know that bar method is only part of it, and now I am just getting back into MFP to hopefully make some serious changes.

pretzel at the bar is my fav seat work exercise!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    what is the bar method?
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bar Method. I did a 60 day fitness challenge and lost over 4.5 inches. (2 in my waist and 2 in my hips) I also run but only 2-3 days a week. I walk a lot with my dogs.
  • carbear02
    carbear02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do bar type workouts (at a competitor). I love it alot.
  • kelleybernal
    kelleybernal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another Bar Method lover here! Do you guys log that exercise into the Diary tracker? If so, how do you categorize it?
  • lcamilli
    lcamilli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I log it as it's own thing. I just type in Bar Method and set it to 300 calories for 60 minutes. Based on some blogs I've read where girls actually have checked their calories burned from class, I felt like it was safe to grab one of the lower numbers in their averages. My friend logs it as Pilates.
  • ebhall1
    ebhall1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing the bar method too! I love how all the instructors know your name and are always helpful with corrections and praise! Definitely makes me feel like I'm getting a better workout. I've been doing it pretty consistently for about two weeks now (4-5 times per week) plus doing additional cardio at my gym. I'm starting to see some results. How long did it take you guys to see a difference?