Fluidity/Bar Method/Lotte Burk, etc.... (play nice!)

Options
I am looking into some kind of barre or ballet workout for the time being. I had just gotten back on my feet after knee surgery when I ended up in the ER with what would turn out to be costochondritis, tendonitis of the shoulder, a few dislocated ribs, and some nerve issues. I have been told that I need to re-gain my back muscle before I can resume my normal workouts (which would include some serious KB, weights, and cardio), and that it needs to be light. Knowing there is no way for me to go into a weight room and NOT lift, I am limiting myself to in-home workout to avoid the temptation of pushing. (Seriously, I'm using my pull-up bar to hang dresses on.)

I used to dance (not like that you pervs!) and remember how in shape I was, and thought this might be a good time to try that again. I know these workout also target posture and ROM, so am thinking it might be a perfect fit. However, some of these programs are fairly $$, so I was wondering if anyone had actually tried them? Liked them? One more than the other? Could use a little guidance here, as this is not my area of expertise. Thanks!

Replies

• barefootbeautiful
    Options
    So I found a Fluidity system cheap on Craigslist, and am dying to try it. Anyone else?
  • trisharodgers1
    Options
    I bought Fluidity about 3 weeks ago. I can't do high impact workouts due to a knee injury. I love it!!! I was skeptical at first due to the reviews. My body is changing already and I feel better. I'm mixing in the 30 day shred for cardio but the advanced workout gets me sweating just fine also. It's not cheap but in my opinion very worth it. P.S I've never replied to a blog before.
  • lcamilli
    lcamilli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do Bar Method and I love it. I started going after my knee started bothering me from running. If there is a studio near by, go try it out. They tend to offer a free or discounted class for new students first time and they will work with you and any injuries to ensure you are doing the exercise safely and effectively.