Healthy Easter Basket Ideas

Options
Hi all - I am looking for healthy or non-food Easter basket ideas. I don't want to ruin my or anyone else's healthy habits by overdosing on (delicious) Cadbury and Reese's Peanut Butter eggs!

I made a small list of: gift cards, pistachios, almonds, gum, and scarves. Other ideas are welcome!!!

Replies

• CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming this is for adults/kids. I like to give my kids stuff to use outside since its the beginning of spring here. I like new skipping ropes, sidewalk chalk, bubble liquid, bat, ball, and glove, or just rubber bouncy balls. Also good for adults or kids new sunglasses, suncreen, sunhats, ankle socks, water bottle. Or get creative and find, buy or make some maps of new walking/biking routes, parks, or hiking trails, and maybe some trail mix, or trail bars to go with it. This year we're planning our first family hike of the season for Easter Monday, so that will be the theme for our baskets. Good luck and happy Easter. (BTW, we do sneak a few treats in there too, some Easter M&Ms would be nice in the trail mix.)
  • Angel37615
    Angel37615 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I fill the baskets with bath stuff, (bubble bath, scented cool soaps and such), books, and other little toiletries like chapstick, nail polish, etc.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Who is it for and in what context? Is it your own kids, work, kid's school, or something else?
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I tend to get htem summer supplies I'd likely buy anyway. Bathing suit, sun glasses, beach towel, sun screen add in a movie a single chocolate bunny and they are down right giddy.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    depends on who its for?
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like the outdoorsy ideas.

Thanks to those who have replied so far.
  • junebaby21
    Options
    Movie is a great idea, too!
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135
    Options
    In addition to the usual jelly beans & chocolates I always give my kids bubbles, sidewalk chalk, gliders, etc.
    Outdoor stuff becasue SPRING HAS SPRUNG! AMEN!!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The basket for my 8 month old son will contain: (I know, I couldn't give him candy yet anyway!)
    2 books, a pair of sunglasses, a t-shirt that says Chicks Dig Me w/ a picture of a chick, a stuffed bunny, and a bunny bath squirter toy. Also, instead of an actual basket, I'm putting the items in plastic truck.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I treat it like a mini christmas with stocking stuffer like gifts. For my kids its usually books, movies, video game, or an inexpensive toy but I also include a couple of pieces of candy. Its how my parents did my easter baskets I just make sure not to buy any extras so I am not eating it too.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yep...springtime toys! Bubbles, yard / sandbox toys, baseball/softball equipment, camping gear, a sun hat, sunglasses, etc.
  • junebaby21
    Options
    Also, instead of an actual basket, I'm putting the items in plastic truck.

Very cute idea!!!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When my girls were young.....I would put their first short set for the season in their Easter Basket...I did this until they were too big for Easter Baskets.....They knew summer was not to far away.
  • junebaby21
    Options
    Great ideas for the spring/summer time outdoor toys, games, and necessities. I live in the midwest where we are still battling the snow...I can't wait to see the grass again!
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Each of our kids gets a very small amount of candy, and then we bought coloring books, a little lego set, yo-yos....thats it so far. Not sure what else we'll put in, if anything. I haven' t had a chance to go shopping without 3 kids, so I need to find some time to do that.

I was going to get them all scooters, but then it started snowing and the temp. dropped to -25....no spring here anytime soon.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Love all your great ideas.

If I were a kid ...well I am a big kid :) - It would not be so much fun to get a completely "healthy" easter basket. Like who stole the fun outta having an easter basket with a few naughty pieces of fun candy?.

So dont be a total boooo hooo momma :)

Just saying... candy in moderation is a fun, cool thing! There are lots of single serving candies out there to include as well.

Kinda like MFP eating - for the most part we all eat healthier but it's nice to be naughty to treat ourselves with pizza, candy, whiskey shots (did you know May 18th is National Whiskey day?)...
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Love all your great ideas.

If I were a kid ...well I am a big kid :) - It would not be so much fun to get a completely "healthy" easter basket. Like who stole the fun outta having an easter basket with a few naughty pieces of fun candy?.

So dont be a total boooo hooo momma :)

Just saying... candy in moderation is a fun, cool thing! There are lots of single serving candies out there to include as well.

Kinda like MFP eating - for the most part we all eat healthier but it's nice to be naughty to treat ourselves with pizza, candy, whiskey shots (did you know May 18th is National Whiskey day?)...

Wanting non-food ideas, may just mean she knows what kind of candy she plans to put in, or that she is respecting someone elses wishes not to give candy. My kids rarely eat the candy anyway, maybe hers are the same. To each their own.
  • jeniferchurch
    Options
    I had a similar problem. My niece is Type I and we're trying to figure out what we can put inside the plastic eggs! Maybe nuts and raisins?
  • junebaby21
    Options
    I don't have kids (child in my profile pic is my niece), but I am curious what other people do. I do make baskets for my husband and I - as well as my adult sister who temporarily lives with us. I will be putting a few treats in, but I wanted to fill the bulk of it with something fun and different.

I really enjoy reading all of your suggestions!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I usually get my son one or two little things of candy, a dvd and a little lego set of some sort.

I wish it meant summer was near, this time last year we had 80 degree temps.. Tomorrow may be the first day of spring but the high is only 28 degrees. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!