Stretch Marks.....

Options
So, my son is 1 yr old, and I have moderate stretch marks. I'm really pale, so they are mostly all white and kinda blend into my skin. Now, my SIL (sister in law) is way more tan than I am (and quite a bit heavier too, but we are working together to lose the weight) and her stretch marks are HORRENDOUS!!! So my question is to those moms who had stretch marks (both good and bad), what heppened when you lost the weight? Do you think your skin tone made a difference? Pics would be greatly appreciated because she wont believe me without pics :angry: Thanks, y'all!!

Replies

• CecRR
    CecRR Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm somewhat fair skinned, and I got terrible (deep, wide, long) stretch marks with my first pregnancy. My weight loss really hasn't affected them at all. I'd have to say, now they are looser, and kinda ripple in some areas. I still have some flab to get rid of, who knows what they will look like if I can get this last little bit of crap off my midsection. P.S. tell her not to sweat it, mine are bad, but I still rock a bikini at the beach every summer!
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Shamesless BUMP
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat fair skinned, and I got terrible (deep, wide, long) stretch marks with my first pregnancy. My weight loss really hasn't affected them at all. I'd have to say, now they are looser, and kinda ripple in some areas. I still have some flab to get rid of, who knows what they will look like if I can get this last little bit of crap off my midsection. P.S. tell her not to sweat it, mine are bad, but I still rock a bikini at the beach every summer!

^ this, except ive had three kids, and the ripples are getting worse as I lose weight. I have pale skin under clothes but I tan with a yellow / brown pigment and freckles.