30 Day Shred and Insanity - before and after pics please

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm on day 11 of the 30DS. Although I'm seeing no physical difference, I can certainly feel myself getting stronger.

I wondered if those who have completed the 30DS could show me their before and after pics?

I am also thinking about moving onto insanity once the 30DS is complete. I don't know much about it, so could you tell me, what you think are the pro's and con's of this workout, and share any before and after pics with me?

I'm in dire need of some motivation!

Thanks

Replies

• closeyone
    closeyone Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    when i did the 30DS, i didn't see a significant reduction of weight (maybe a little) but i did get stronger and i mainly used it to condition myself for insanity.

i blogged about it so here are the links:

insanity results: http://www.lifeinprogress.ca/lifeinprogress/insanity-my-results.html

i also did p90x but i forgot to take pictures however, they're scattered throughout my blog. http://www.lifeinprogress.ca/lifeinprogress/2012/11/oal-update-p90x-progress.html

in the last link, the Nov pic is pretty old but that was about 3wks into P90x. i started p90x after insanity.

insanity is what helped me drop from a size 8 pants to a size 4/6; p90x further helped me get lean and dropped me down to a size 2.

let me know if you have any questions. PM me; i hate that MFP doesn't alert you when someone responds to your posts :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am 14 days into insanity and i LOVE it!

i am 5lbs heavier than when i started, but i can tell i am losing inches from my hips/waist/bum as my trousers fit better!

i will have my month 1 pictures in a couple of weeks!
  • sarah_jones3
    Options
    Hi

I did 30DS last time I lost weight and I did see a difference by the end and had a little definition on my abs, sadly my PC with photos on died, so I cannot share, and I am back loosing weight but I did get results from using it and do recommend it to people.

Hope this helps a little :) As for insanity I have just added that to my collection so would love to see others results with that as well.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    30 DS prepared me better for Insanity but I didn't notice any drastic differences.

Here is when I finished 2 rounds of 30 DS (left) and after 8 weeks of Insanity (right)

480755_633963667480_130675534_n.jpg

Eta: Keep in mind I've had two kids so my stomach isn't as pretty as others :)
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Insanity, I've not lost any weight yet, but I'm losing inches! I feel stronger and my endurance has increased for sure! The program lasts for 63 days total, and every 2 weeks you take a fitness test to show your improvement (which I think is genius). Each day you do a different workout from the day before, and you get 1 rest day a week. It's a very tough workout, but I'm loving it and I love the way I feel after I finish it. My 13 year old daughter is doing it with me ~ she is also noticing results in strength and stamina. Good luck if you give it a go! Feel free to ask me anything else, I'm happy to offer support!
  • closeyone
    closeyone Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I almost had a break from the 30DS today as I ache like mad, but I've pushed through and done it. I just really hope to see some results. I've resigned myself to the fact I may not drop weight, but if I can loose inches I'll be delighted.

Treineck - let me know how your progress goes
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    30 DS prepared me better for Insanity but I didn't notice any drastic differences.

Here is when I finished 2 rounds of 30 DS (left) and after 8 weeks of Insanity (right)

480755_633963667480_130675534_n.jpg

Eta: Keep in mind I've had two kids so my stomach isn't as pretty as others :)

Wow Jules!! That is some great progress girl!