Sun Burnt

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I need advice!!

I got a really back sun burn yesterday on my back, tops of my shoulders and tops of my thighs. It still really hurts and stings. It even hurts to put on a tank top.

Should I work out today or skip it?

Replies

• atombud
    atombud Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would skip the workout, your need a day or two to heal. Next time be sure to use a good sun block though.
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pain is our body's way of telling us not to do something.

If exercising makes it hurt more, my advice would be don't do it. If you can exercise without it hurting anymore then carry on.

Is there any way you can exercise without wearing a top to make it more comfortable (only recommended if your are in the privacy of your own home of course!!)?

Hope that helps a bit......although reading it back it probably doesn't!! LOL
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Get some aloe lotion, after sun something like that! The aloe soothes the sun burn! I have a good friend who is an EMT in Texas and when I was sunburnt a couple weeks ago he gave me that advice also told me to go up to 50 spf sunscreen! And if you can't take a day off of working out, I probably would! Or maybe do some sit ups and push ups and some other stuff like that at home and log as calestenics(sp?)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There's Aloe gel with Lidocaine. I'd pick that up to help relieve the pain. I wouldn't work out for a few days if the sunburn is too painful to wear a top.