It works, It Really Works!!

Options
Hi everyone....Happy Friday! :flowerforyou:

I have been an MFP member since April 25, 2010. I love MFP. For those of you who have been on it for a while, I know you know it works...for those newcomers....trust me...this program (for me anyway) is the BEST!

I reached my first mini goal yesterday. YAY!! (see ticker below) . Yesterday morning I weighed in at exactly 170.0. This morning I weighed in at 169.8!!! Hey....only .2 from yesterday BUT...I'm in the 160's and no longer obese....YAY...I'm now overweight!!! - (according to BMI calculations)

My point is that this program works. You know when you complete your food diary and it will say something like "if you have more days like this you will weigh ___ lbs. in 5 weeks. (That's not word for word exactly, but you get the drift). So five weeks ago, it told me I would weigh 169. So I marked that magic number on the calendar (June 18, 2010) This morning, got up, hopped on the scale and like I mentioned....169.8!!! It works...It really works.

I am a 1/4 of the way to my final goal and I couldn't be happier. :laugh: Thanks MFP! :love:

Just wanted to share...have a great weekend!!! :bigsmile:

P.S. I will be buying my mini goal reward this weekend!!

Replies

• ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Got chills reading this...so happy for you!! Enjoy that reward!! :happy: :smile:
  • mcannava
    mcannava Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Stay with it. The days are going to go by anyway, might as well stay with the program and lose it!:happy:
  • neady
    neady Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done and a well deserved treat!! :smile:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Enoy your massage!!! Great job and good idea with the calender think I'll try that!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats.....keep up the good job!!!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! u must celebrate these mini goals. its an extra boost of motivation. and a huge push to keep going =]
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    That is wonderful! You should be so proud of yourself. This journey takes lots of discipline and self-motivation and YOU DID IT! Way to go girrrrl!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudoes for sticking with the program! Keep it up! Congratulations on your success!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks fantastic!!! You have about the same minigoals as me (and I suspect you're the same height, 5'3"?) I can't wait to cross over into the overweight category, 5 more pounds to go for me! It's always great to see other people succeeding, definitely gives me motivation to continue :D
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Great job girl!!! That is amazing this really does work!!! I am so proud of you!!! I cant wait to get to the 6's too!!!! im at 171 since Tuesday so we shall see!!! Again congrats !!! :flowerforyou:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! That''s awesome.
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Congrats and great job!!! I love hearing stories like these.
  • farr2fun
    farr2fun Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! What a great idea to write that number down on the calendar and see how you're doing. Going to do that right now.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Jet!!! :happy: I'm so excited for you!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    good job...celebrate your success and enjoy that massage ;)
    keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!