I'm lookin' for the BBWs!

Options
Anyone out there have more than 100 pounds to lose? I am a fabulously fluffy diva, and I just wanted to see if there are any other losers out there who have triple digits to lose! :happy: I must say this...I was walking at work with some of my not so fluffy diva friends, and one of them tried to guess my weight---she made a comment that I didn't look as heavy as I implied in past conversation! :laugh: Well, the little diva was ever so cautious not to guess anything too high, but as a small person her guess was way off target! :tongue: I just had to tell her that her guess was close enough, and I loved her for it!!:heart: Tee hee hee!

But, I would like to hear from anyone who has lost triple digit numbers or who is currently attempting to do so! Any success stories you can share with me?

Replies

• AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Anyone out there have more than 100 pounds to lose? I am a fabulously fluffy diva, and I just wanted to see if there are any other losers out there who have triple digits to lose! :happy: I must say this...I was walking at work with some of my not so fluffy diva friends, and one of them tried to guess my weight---she made a comment that I didn't look as heavy as I implied in past conversation! :laugh: Well, the little diva was ever so cautious not to guess anything too high, but as a small person her guess was way off target! :tongue: I just had to tell her that her guess was close enough, and I loved her for it!!:heart: Tee hee hee!

But, I would like to hear from anyone who has lost triple digit numbers or who is currently attempting to do so! Any success stories you can share with me?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! Welcome! I was worried when I saw the title of your post...I thought Oh No! A pick up line! LOL How funny. You will love it here. Good luck!

I left the above here because I'm so dumb. I didn't understand your post...LOL I get it now....Nope, I don't have that much to loose, but HI! LOL Good luck with your journey!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I had 108 lbs to loose.. I have 91 more to go... and I feel a lot better with just 17 lbs off and my friends are starting to notice WOO HOO.... most people think i am nuts when I say i have 108 lbs to loose.. espeically my very skinny friend at work who only weighs 105 lbs... so we laugh all the time saying you will lose all of me when u are done... go figure.. GOOD LUCK:bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love that you refer to yourself as "fluffy". I usually refer to myself as thick but fluffy sounds much better!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much to lose but I love your phrase "fabulous fluffy diva". From now on I'm not going to consider myself fat. I'm fluffy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love your positive attitude. Good luck to you you fabulous fluffy diva. :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Yes oh Yes hunny I have A LOT to lose. I started at 310lbs, now at 293, going for a goal of 150-160

Uh huh I fit in this catagory :bigsmile:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 230 pounds and 5 foot three inches so according to the "experts" I should lose 100 pounds but I'm trying to get below 200 and then 170
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm with you! I had about 127 pounds to lose, now I'm down to 109 to lose! I too am told all the time that I shouldn't lose as much weight as I say, because I wouldn't weigh enough, but losing 127 just barely puts me in the healthy BMI range! I think it's awesome how you call yourself "fluffy" I'm going to use that from now on (or at least until I lose my fluff! :laugh: :laugh: ) Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    I started my journey at 259lbs. I am now down to 169. My goal is 130. So, I needed to lose 129lbs. I cringe just looking at it as I write it. It's taken me 5 years to get where I am at. Slow is better, but this seems ridiculous. I exercise alot, am on the no sugar, no flour diet. No fried foods, no red meat. Lots of water, and vitamins and some supplements(vitamin D, calcium, etc.) Salads, fruits, veggies, some lean turkey, lean chicken. I feel great, am down 6 clothes sizes, eleven inches off my waist, and my cholesterol is now 191. At one time my doctor didn't have a chart for how high it was. I wish I had done this 20 years ago!! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and will not give up. So, good luck to you and everyone else, who is doing what we are doing. It CAN be done!! Chris.
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was right there with you and still close enough to say HI, lol.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I started with over 100 to lose... about 155 total!

Currently, I've lost just shy of 95 pounds since I started. You can do it!
  • ABARNHART
    ABARNHART Posts: 25
    Options
    I am a BBW. I had 100 lbs to take off when I started exercising. I guess I needed that 100 number before I did anything about it. I have about 50-58 to go, depending on where I decide to stop and have already lost 1 lb. since beginning on this site last week.

Advice: Remind yourself that you are worth the time it takes to do this.
    EXERCISE...exercise...exercise...any is better than none, so if you don't find the time to do a complete workout, do as much as you can. Do 10 minute increments if you need to.
    Visualize - I use a picture of myself and butter pictures to keep track of how much I lose. It reminds me that even 1/4 of a pound is a big thing.
    Expect to mess up. When you do, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Thin people do it all the time. (That's what my thin friends say.)
    Announce your weight loss. No one noticed that I was losing weight until I hit 20 lbs. so announce it when you lose so you get the pats on the back that you deserve.

I started with only exercising and deciding that I would never have seconds. It was too much for me to focus on all of it, in the beginning. That was easy and it worked for me, at first. Now that the 50 lbs are off, I need to get serious with calorie counting.

Keep asking for help and contacting people on this site. Everyone is wonderful here.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Yes oh Yes hunny I have A LOT to lose. I started at 310lbs, now at 293, going for a goal of 150-160

Congrats on breaking the 300 mark!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options

Thank you it felt awesome. Now Im just concentrating on getting out of the 90's then the 80's and so forth :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Thank you it felt awesome. Now Im just concentrating on getting out of the 90's then the 80's and so forth :heart:

That is so awesome. All of you losing so much! Pure, solid inspiration!
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    Well I've got way more than 100 to lose. I'm off to a good start though! Good luck with your weight loss. I just discovered this website a week or so ago...and I love it!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    I started my journey at 259lbs. I am now down to 169. My goal is 130. So, I needed to lose 129lbs. I cringe just looking at it as I write it. It's taken me 5 years to get where I am at. Slow is better, but this seems ridiculous. I exercise alot, am on the no sugar, no flour diet. No fried foods, no red meat. Lots of water, and vitamins and some supplements(vitamin D, calcium, etc.) Salads, fruits, veggies, some lean turkey, lean chicken. I feel great, am down 6 clothes sizes, eleven inches off my waist, and my cholesterol is now 191. At one time my doctor didn't have a chart for how high it was. I wish I had done this 20 years ago!! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and will not give up. So, good luck to you and everyone else, who is doing what we are doing. It CAN be done!! Chris.
    You are amazing! :happy: I like seeing results like this because we didn't put on the weight overnight. It took me five years to put on 55 pounds :grumble: --which is a lot, and after my sophomore year in college I gained a whopping 40 pounds, and I don't know where it came from! But, thank you for your courage to share!!:heart: