Lipo Light??? Anyone tried it?

Options
So I KNOW that eating right and exercise is the ONLY way to be healthier, lose weight, and get fit! I am not looking for a quick fix. However, with Jamaica 9 weeks away, I would like a little help with spot reduction....aka...big gut! I did some research on this. What I heard is it is non invasive, works pretty well, and can help you lose a few inches. BUT, I heard this from sites that actually provide it. Anyone out there try this procedure and can tell me about it...good or bad?

And again, I am not about cheating to get my results. I work out 6 days a week and try my best to eat the right things. This is just an idea to get me in a bikini a tiny bit sooner.

Would appreciate any input.

Replies

• Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Just go on vacation and rock your bikini proudly. You're doing great so be proud of what you've accomplished. Nothing is ever sexier than confidence anyways.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm not against plastic surgery of any type, but I do feel that lipo should be the LAST step of any stubborn fat removal IF one has done EVERYTHING physically possible to get it down to it's lowest safe level. Of course that constitutes a consistency in calories as well as exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Just go on vacation and rock your bikini proudly. You're doing great so be proud of what you've accomplished. Nothing is ever sexier than confidence anyways.
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Trust me --- when you get to Jamaica you will see all types and shapes of bodies in all sorts of swim suits. Based on your profile picture you will be one of the hotter ones! I went to Cancun a year ago and was self conscious of my back side. After seeing how confident the other people were (who were bigger/saggier), I realized that I was the only one that had a problem with it!

Just rock it and have a blast on vacation!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I read a study not long ago showing that liposuction tends to increase internal fat. It was only one study, but it makes sense. Your body will always store fat in available fat cells before creating new fat cells. So, if you suck out existing visible fat cells that leaves the internal fat cells available as the first place to gain. And internal fat is much more dangerous to your health. It doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Looked at the website and the reviews and it looks like a scam. It says it is essential that people work out for at least 30 min after the treatment for results....
  • hardymommy123
    hardymommy123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Trust me --- when you get to Jamaica you will see all types and shapes of bodies in all sorts of swim suits. Based on your profile picture you will be one of the hotter ones! I went to Cancun a year ago and was self conscious of my back side. After seeing how confident the other people were (who were bigger/saggier), I realized that I was the only one that had a problem with it!

Just rock it and have a blast on vacation!

Oh thank you!!! But that is my goal picture...lol. I am about 15 lbs heavier than that:-/
  • hardymommy123
    Options
    Looked at the website and the reviews and it looks like a scam. It says it is essential that people work out for at least 30 min after the treatment for results....

She did tell me that. They "exercise" you after the procedure....BUT I would go to the gym anyway.
  • hardymommy123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input.
  • hardymommy123
    Options
    Oh I know. And I don't give 2 craps whether they do or don't. This is for me. This whole journey is for me and no one else. I want to have a flatter belly for me:-)
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    30 day shred produces pretty good results. Use the search option and check out some of the successes. 20 minutes a day every day for 30 days. You almost have time to do the program 2x or 1 time through and ripped in 6. I suggest 5-8 lb weights instead of nothing or 3's for a better burn. (I found the videos on youtube for 30 day shred but had to buy ripped in 30) That plus your work as a Zumba Instructor should have you looking smashing in time! Have fun on your trip and enjoy yourself.