Tuna

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Why are you choking down food you don't like? Poverty budget?
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I always buy the "sandwich ready packets". I forget which brand, but I do not believe they contain any mayo. They have a little bit of seasonings so they are not bland. I just usually dump this on top of a salad.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I mix a can with a little parmesan, jalapenos, onion powder and an egg. form it into a patty and fry it in a little coconut or olive oil.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I take an entire container of Marketside Pico de Gallo (fresh chopped onions, tomatoes,and peppers) that you can get from Walmart (or you can shop your own) and mix it in with my tuna. It's good just like that, but sometimes I might add light mayo or a little olive oil.
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Mustard and also chopped green chile, but I live in NM so green chile goes in just about everything ha ha.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I put mine on a bed of lettuce or baby spinach and top it with fat free ranch or better yet fat free zesty Italian dressing.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I drained well, and 1 to 2 tablespoon of dill relish, one boiled egg chopped and very little mayo, salt and pepper. I take can tuna and place in frig when I come home from store so when I make it already chilled. Taste much better when cold.

exactly how I make mine, but add a chopped red delicious apple and onion flakes. YUMMY!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Why are you choking down food you don't like? Poverty budget?

^^this

I hate tuna. Life is too short to eat foods I hate - especially when there are so many other ways to meet your protein goals.
  • pelphrey
    pelphrey Posts: 2
    Options
    I bring a can of green beans with me to work and warm the entire can up. Then mix the green beans with the 2 cans of tuna I brought.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tuna with light mayo and lots of Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce, on a whole wheat tortilla, yum.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use either salsa (the fresh storebrand kind) which is about 10 calories per tablespoon, or guacamole (healthy fats!) which is about 30-45 calories per tablespoon depending on your brand.
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fresh dill, green onions, pickles and a little juice, celery, salt, pepper, lemon zest plus a little sqeeze, little garlic and onion powder. All by itself or in a tomato or on top of a salad. No need for salad dressing then.
  • Jerbear1985
    Jerbear1985 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use a variation of hot sauce, cheese, jalapenos and seasoning salt depending on my mood.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    creamy tuna casserole,,,,
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I also use i can of chunk lite with 1 tbsp of Hellman's light Mayo. The mayo is only 35 calories, 1 carb and 4 grams of fat which ain't that bad. I chop up a little red onion or carrots and eat over tender salad greens (with no dressing). Yummy.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    cottage cheese and avocado with some siracha

greek yogurt and pico

mustard, pickle relish and diced apple
  • spwarnock
    Options
    I use Honey Mustard and some relish made with asparagus, green tomatos, and honey.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks for all the ideas!
  • SpunkySue0611
    Options
    ...Aaaand, if you get tired of all that...Try Chicken of the Sea Salmon in the pouches - less than $1 each for the 2.5oz pouch at Walmart! So good! I love it with avocado slices and some banana peppers...Yum!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    what do you guys do to make Tuna taste good, I choke it down almost everyday but its starting to wear on me, MAyo is out of question since loaded with fat.

dijon mustard works well. mix it up with whatever spices, herbs you like, a little mustard, maybe some capers, etc. super good.