FIT BIT

Options
anyone using the fit bit? Thinking about getting one, wanted feed back...I want the new FLEX coming out in spring, anyone have a clue what spring means date wise? Is that going to be soon? Any information on this would be helpful in deciding what to purchase. I NEED motivation!!! I was doing so well but winter is so hard....I am now just maintaining my weight, luckily (not sure how as bad as I have been eating) Gotta get going again!:laugh:

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have gone through 3 of them lol. I lost two and still have one. The new one I got (the smaller one) doesn't keep track of stairs so that did it for me. Not more FB.

It was motivating, definitely! I liked knowing I walked 5 miles a day and how many calories I burned. I may get a new one again that counts my stairs - I like to hike!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has the Zip and loves it, but I'm waiting on the Flex. From what I've been able to find out, it should be released next month! You can preorder, but the colors are limited.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit one in January....and I love it!!!! I wear it every day and it synchs very well with this site. It sure gives me extra motivation to be a little more active.....I try and top yesterdays steps. I like the fact that it is hidden from site during the day so that no one even knows I am using it. It seems to be very accurate. I chart my exercise on that site, and my foods go into my diary on this site. It also holds a charge well...usually plug it in after 8-10 days.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The FITBIT really kept me motivated to move more...until it met the inside of my washing machine!! Grrrrr....
  • NewHealthierMe02
    NewHealthierMe02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had the fitbit one since Oct...i love it but when i go to bed n want to track my sleep i find the fibit in my bed and not on my wrist...can't wait for the flex to come out!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use the BodyMedia LINK which syncs to this site. I've been using it off and on (mostly on) for the better part of a year now, and I love it! It has an upper arm band that I've found easy to deal with while sleeping. I have to admit that I'm so addicted to it, I hate taking it off to charge or if I have to get "dressed up" as I'll miss out on logging those extra precious steps or calories I might earn! It also keeps me more likely to log my food (something I had been doing on a separate site that did not support the syncing between the two). Now that I've found MFP, I feel even more energized to keep at this until it becomes my "life" instead of a "change"!
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have been eyeing the Flex as well. Searched high and low. The date varies greatly depending on where you look. It looks like April for the most part. That is the most common date I see.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The FITBIT really kept me motivated to move more...until it met the inside of my washing machine!! Grrrrr....

Call them! I've heard they have excellent customer service and I have also heard of folks getting replacements after washing/losing/dropping them in puddles, etc! Worth a try!
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered the flex, the colors are limited but you can take the tracker out and switch it into different color armbands as they are released later. :-)
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had an Ultra for just over a year now. Love how it links to MFP and gives a me an accurate count of my walking calories.
    Plus, it gives you a measured goal to shoot for every day.
    I agree with WaxMama, my customer service experience was great. Mine was on my waist and got caught on my seatbelt and tore it open. I contacted them just asking for a new cap to go on the outside and I the sent a new one!
    I have a Flex on order also, and was also curious what a Spring release means :)
  • QuitoBandito
    QuitoBandito Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit! Had it since January and I really feel like it gives me a more accurate calorie burn than just entering in exercises. This helps me measure my calories out. While I haven't seen much loss with it, I think it's helped me a lot. Plus I like seeing how much walking I've done on a regular day ;)
  • yellowhoneybee
    yellowhoneybee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit! Yes I love mine. Mine tracks sleep as well.
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So what do the different FitBits cost?
  • rileyfanof24
    rileyfanof24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think I am for sure waiting on the flex, wish it would come out soon!
  • Smash323
    Smash323 Posts: 16
    Options
    I use a Fit Bit One and highly recommend it. Seeing exactly how inactive I was in numbers really helped me get going. It really motivates me. And I've set incremental goals to help me get up to 10,000 steps a day.

I am just now digging into my sleep data, and that's very helpful, too. I can tie how I ate and my activity level to how efficient my sleep is!
  • marysinh
    marysinh Posts: 11
    Options
    I had the FitBit ultra. I loved it. But lost it. Will not be getting a new one. They are so easy to lose. But it was really motivating when I saw my flower grow:-)
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra. Love it. Keeps me motivated. I was leery of the flex because you wear it on your wrist. I was thinking how is that going to work at a desk job when I am moving my arms all the time answering the phone, moving my mouse, typing, writing ect.... I emailed fitbit about it and they said that it is designed to only pick up steps. Hmmmm, still leery. Feel better about having it on my waist band. That way if my butt is still it is still too.
  • rileyfanof24
    rileyfanof24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT ABOUT MOVING JUST MY HAND AS I ALSO SIT AT A DESK TO WORK ALL DAY...HHHHMMM
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Another Fit Bit fan! I have had my Ultra for over a year and love it. Customer service is amazing- they replaced mine after I managed to crush it. I hike and love how it records flights of stairs- it was very cool to see what my stats were after climbing Mt Washington! It makes me want to push myself and go farther each day- at least as soon as the stupid piles of snow melt...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit One over the weekend and I am totally addicted to it. I was confused by all the TDEE/BMR numbers so I got the One to clear up any confusion. It is very motivating and makes you so much more aware of thinking before you eat. I love the sleep feature; I just can't believe how much I am NOT sleeping!