ugh :/

Options
I know my weight loss goals require patience, but after a month I expected to see SOME results. I feel like I've lost next to nothing. I've gone to the gym 3-4 times a week and I've extended dog walks. I've also done well working on my moderation when it comes to eating.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long until you noticed you were actually changing?

I have no intentions of giving up. It makes me want to work harder. I'm just looking for a little pick me up, I guess, or some perspective.

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes, this happened to me. Just keep plugging away at it!

It seemed like it was at least two months before I started to see a difference on the scale, in my clothes, and how I felt. But once I did, for many months the weight just dropped off of me. Granted, I had ALOT to loose! I am close to my goal now so it is much slower again, but I wouldn't change anything that I am doing. I feel SO MUCH BETTER NOW!

Just keep at it, you will see results!
  • zfscreamsayonara
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I've got a long way to go also. Congrats on your weight loss! Hopefully, I can reply to a post like this in a few more months with the same motivation!
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, it will be slow at first, but then it will start falling off right before your eyes. Trust me. It feels like I just started and already I only have 6 pounds left before I hit my goal weight. You'll get there!
  • ntrujillo199
    Options
    It took 4 months before I finally saw results! But never give up and don't get discouraged. That's the important thing to remember. :)
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It can take a few months to start really seeing results. I have been working out hard for three months and have only lost 5 lbs but I have lost over 3 inches on my waist and can see myself getting leaner. Just get in the mind set of getting healthier and start looking at getting healthy as a long term goal. I am just believing that the system will work and a year from now I will me amazing.
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My journey has been slow for me, I've been on MFP for 366 days and have only lost 37 pounds. But just recently went to my Dr and had test done. My hormones, thyroid and a few other things are out of wack. Which makes it harder for me to lose. Medication will help. I've had many plateaus one lasting a 117 days...yes I was frustrated, I cried, I got mad and wanted to just quit, but I didn't. I sure had hoped to get to my goal in a year, but am happy with what I've accomplished! Just stick with it, you WILL see results! Here's some of my journey...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/928312-1-year-anniversary-36-pounds-lost-with-pics
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring?
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It took a long time (and a lot of quitting and re-joining) for me to find the right calorie balance.

tried 1200, tried 1500 (both too little, kept binge-reacting) , tried 2000 (too much freedom to have "just a little bit over")...

Started this time on ~1750 average and BOOM, there it is.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I find that it takes alot of PATIENCE and understanding! I have alot of weight to lose and this is my LAST time I want to lose the same weight. This time around I am not putting as much preasure on myself. I am finding it easier this time around. I try not to get frustrated at the scale. I take my measurements as well. If I haven't had a loss in over a week I take my measurements and see that weight might not be showing on the scale but it's showing in the measurements. I want this to be the last time. Slow wins the race! :flowerforyou:
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    for me it kinda happens in spurts....one week I'll think I should have lost & don't a couple weeks later I'm sure I've gained and I haven't!

You have the right attitude keeping hanging in there!! :smile:
  • zfscreamsayonara
    Options
    Thank you all so much for responding! This is exactly what I needed.
    How are you measuring?

I've been going by the tightness of my pants mostly, haha. Starting a couple days ago, I've started weighing myself at the gym. I think I'm going to start measuring myself also.
    My journey has been slow for me, I've been on MFP for 366 days and have only lost 37 pounds. But just recently went to my Dr and had test done. My hormones, thyroid and a few other things are out of wack. Which makes it harder for me to lose. Medication will help. I've had many plateaus one lasting a 117 days...yes I was frustrated, I cried, I got mad and wanted to just quit, but I didn't. I sure had hoped to get to my goal in a year, but am happy with what I've accomplished! Just stick with it, you WILL see results! Here's some of my journey...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/928312-1-year-anniversary-36-pounds-lost-with-pics
    Congrats on your progress! You look great!