Protein

Options
What would anyone recommend for healthy protein intake? Here's the real brain twister...I am gluten-free, dairy-free, legume-free, soy-free, peanut-free, additive/preservative-free, no beef/pork/chicken. See my dilema? HELP!!

Replies

• beautifulone2
    beautifulone2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can you eat fish?
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to everything or are you one of those health-nuts that thinks everything is bad for you in some way?

Is Whey protein out of the question? Rice protein?
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Brown rice protein or Egg protein? Some people can have eggs but no chicken, not sure where you are with that.
    Or hemp protein?
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Oh shoot, got the context of your question wrong... That is a lot of things to not eat... I'll think about it and come back

Came back....... Eggs, turkey, fish,

can you eat other nuts besides peanuts?

quinoa is gluten free and has a good source of protein
  • kmjones96
    kmjones96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes and I do from time to time
  • kmjones96
    Options
    I;m not a health nut, I simply treat MS alternatively.
  • kmjones96
    Options
    I do wat quinoa, and nuts, it just doesn't give me enough
  • kmjones96
    Options
    Brown rice protein or Egg protein? Some people can have eggs but no chicken, not sure where you are with that.
    Or hemp protein?
    I've never heard of hemp protein. I"ll look that up. I don't supplement as a choice. I'm not sure what I am allergic to, I just know it's something. They've no found the answers for MS as of yet.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of hemp protein. I"ll look that up. I don't supplement as a choice. I'm not sure what I am allergic to, I just know it's something. They've no found the answers for MS as of yet.

Ah-ha, now I got it. I have been on the road for 14 months now trying to figure out my issues. MS is 95% no for me, which is good.

As far as I know, egg WHITE is ok, hemp and brown rice should also be fine.
    Hemp is more expensive and I don't know about the taste as I have not tasted it (only hemp milk and it was eh)
    If you were to eat seafood stick with shrimp and a light fish, as you know the fattier fish like salmon are going to be, well, fatty (which I believe you are supposed to limit for MS?)
  • kmjones96
    Options

Ah-ha, now I got it. I have been on the road for 14 months now trying to figure out my issues. MS is 95% no for me, which is good.

As far as I know, egg WHITE is ok, hemp and brown rice should also be fine.
    Hemp is more expensive and I don't know about the taste as I have not tasted it (only hemp milk and it was eh)
    If you were to eat seafood stick with shrimp and a light fish, as you know the fattier fish like salmon are going to be, well, fatty (which I believe you are supposed to limit for MS?)
    I'm glad that they've just about ruled out MS for you...it's no fun!! I personally believe that it's nothing more than an allergy...I hope/pray they are able to figure it out soon! Until they do, I'll be off the deep end seeing what works for me. I will research the hemp...it sounds interesting.

Salmon is a good "brain" food and I do well with limiting my fat intake to mono/poly UNsaturated...the good stuff. Shrimp is extremely high in cholesterol so, I limit that as well. Actually, all shellfish is high in cholesterol.
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options