Whats your favorite cheatmeal?

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I dont consider it cheating, I just learned how to eat. I still eat everything I like.
  • seekingfittoday
    Options
    i really don't plan cheat meals...but one of the following (and it's only "cheating" if it's not in my calories, if it is, or i portion control, it's fine):

a pint of ben & jerry's (mmmmhmm bonarroo buzz)
    caesar salad wrap
    nice, thin crust pizza
    pad thai
    lots of sushi
    nice pasta (caico e pepe, maybe)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
    Why should I cheat myself?

Having a cheat meal has shown that it helps your body to burn fat quicker during the week, and it helps you from plateu on the gym. If you dont know what that is i suggest u to google it. Plus it keeps your sanity good for the week a cheat meal is good for you, but u dont have to have one if u dont want to

I think you are confusing a cheat meal with eating at maintenance/carb refeed for 1 or 2 days for Leptin reasons after eating at a deficit for a long time. 1 "cheat meal" may give you sanity but its not going to just automatically make my body burn fat faster during the week. There is more involved than just going to McDonald's.

and

So you never indulge? like never ever?

sad... so sad. Food is delicious. It should be looked at as fuel first but as a person who loves to cook and extract flavors to make wonderful masterpiece meals... tasting food can also be a wonderful delicious mind-blowing experience :-)

As the person who asked why would I cheat myself... let me clarify. Yes, I enjoy food. I eat some chocolate almost every day, ice cream and cheese cake occasionally. I enjoy fruits, pasta dishes, alcohol, sushi and more, including many of the foods others are listing as "cheating". I go out to dinner and enjoy it. The only food I won't eat is food that makes my body sick or that I don't like. (If it tastes bad, why waste the calories?)

It's just not cheating. I can eat all those things. As someone else said,
    I dont consider it cheating, I just learned how to eat. I still eat everything I like.

I eat less of many things, more of some things. I exercise more and eat more carefully around special events. And occasionally I allow myself to eat at a higher level for awhile. Most of the people I eat out with pretty regularly didn't even know I was doing anything different until they noticed the weight loss. None of that is cheating, it's part of learning how to eat better in a sustainable way for the rest of my life. Food is not "bad", and there are no food items that are "forbidden" to me, although I avoid some because I don't enjoy them or they make me sick. I don't demonize food.

If makes you feel good somehow to think you're "cheating", go ahead. I don't understand why that would make you feel good about yourself or how it would help you learn good eating habits. And although I'm curious why you'd want to cheat, or who you think you're cheating, it's really not important that I understand, and if it works for you, go for it! (And thank to those of you who gave some explanation. I understand why you'd want to eat more occasionally, but I still don't understand who you think you're cheating? Or what you're "getting away with"?)
  • SaloMousa
    SaloMousa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Having a cheat meal has shown that it helps your body to burn fat quicker during the week, and it helps you from plateu on the gym. If you dont know what that is i suggest u to google it. Plus it keeps your sanity good for the week a cheat meal is good for you, but u dont have to have one if u dont want to

I think you are confusing a cheat meal with eating at maintenance/carb refeed for 1 or 2 days for Leptin reasons after eating at a deficit for a long time. 1 "cheat meal" may give you sanity but its not going to just automatically make my body burn fat faster during the week. There is more involved than just going to McDonald's.

Refeed day is another "pretty" name for a cheat day, I like to have cheatmeals. And its proven that your body will continue to burn fat, ocassionally faster, at least it works like that for me.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I haven't needed a true cheatmeal yet. I do have a weekly family dinner out but I choose things that fit within my goals.
    I have started to exercise more which has allowed more indulgences regularly.

In the future I will have more social settings that will include pizza and alcohol but it's not on a regular basis.
    Once the family dinners aren't weekly I probably will include something else that I do enjoy but for now that's it as I don't have much choice in the where, and it's not anything I really want to indulge in. Maybe frozen yogurt from the self service place.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    So we are arguing over terminology??? Call it what you want but eating a pint of ice cream or whatever your indulgence is a "cheat" or a break from the norm of a restrictive diet. For those who diet by just eating less of bad food regularly then its not a big deal. For others who eat clean regularly and really focus on only fueling their bodies with healthy whole foods.... sushi (with rice), pizza, ice cream, etc. is a great deviation from the normal diet. It's not like carb loading on a legs day... that can be done and you can still eat clean. It is cheating, plain and simple. And it tastes soooooooooooo good!!!
  • jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hibacchi chicken and fried rice
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    seafood chimichangas and a pitcher of margaritas mmmmm
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Homemade grilled beef fajita tacos with rice and beans
    OR
    Bacon cheesebuger with tater tots :bigsmile:
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    dim sum, once or twice a year---we'd probably have it more honestly but its expensive. I have no idea how to count the calories in it even if I wanted to try since I don't even know the names of the dishes. Just way too delicious to even think about dieting when we go there.
  • she_fit
    she_fit Posts: 36
    Options
    We have a standing Friday date of Little Caesars and a movie. So probably pizza. Any other time, I usually just try to eat smart. I limit carbs, starches, fats, sugars, but on days when we have a family dinner, if I want to have a roll, I'll skip the mashed potatoes. If I want dessert, I'll skip them both. Or just have a couple bites.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    hibacchi chicken and fried rice

^this... white sauce.... yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Refeed day is another "pretty" name for a cheat day, I like to have cheatmeals. And its proven that your body will continue to burn fat, ocassionally faster, at least it works like that for me.

not necessarily true... most times refeed days (bodybuilding protocol) are much higher in carbohydrates, and fat and protein amounts are dropped to minimums so you cant "cheat" because that generally means eating higher amounts of fat as well so food choices are down to things like potatoes, rice cakes, and rice since they contain practically no fat at all.. where as a pepperoni pizza contains very high amounts of dietary fat which doesnt influence metabolism as much as dietary carbs do.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Pizza, but now I go easy on the cheese and swapped the meat lovers with chicken and veggies.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WINE!!!!
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't really restrict any of the foods I like, I just control the portions to fit my daily macros. So I guess I don't really cheat. For me, the concept of cheat is an excuse to overeat, which I have to be careful about because I have a lifetime overeating problem.

But as far as foods I love to overeat on? Pizza
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    dining out ordering WHATEVER I have a taste for Lol
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wing Stop lemon pepper wings w/ blue cheese dressing....and fries!!!
  • latonya41
    latonya41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it cheating, I just try to eat my favorites without over doing it. Ice cream and fried shrimp.