Dressing up plain greeek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I mix in Frozen mixed berries and it gives it the texture of icecream especially if you blend it all together. yummy treat
  • lisanhorowitz
    lisanhorowitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    a couple scoops of cocoa powder and agave
  • sunshine73
    Options
    Add Sugar Free jam and a teaspoon of peanut butter. It is awesome with apples. Enjoy!
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I add a sugar-free jello pudding mix (vanilla or cheesecake flavored) and use it as a fruit dip. Even my husband loves it!

That sounds super yummy. I bet my kids would love it aswell
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i buy yoplait 100 vanilla or trader joes fat free honey yogurt and have added things like:
    strawberries and a tablespoon of honey
    banana, cinnamon and unsweetened cocoa powder
    cinnamon and honey
    steel cut oats, honey and cinnamon
  • johncarocci
    Options
    This is a bit (ok, very) off topic but I'm curious. Has Greek yogurt always been around and it's just getting popular, or is it a new thing? I've been eating regular yogurt forever, and it's ok, but I love the Greek yogurt and it's a great substitute for so many things. Where has it been all my life?
  • melissaeich20
    melissaeich20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of natural peanut butter, tsp of vanila and small handful of chocolate chips. Freeze for a bit and it tastes similar to cookie dough.
    I also puree berries and add them in with some honey and granola. Puree berries tastes similar to the added fruit versions of yogurt but without unecessary sugar or preservatives.
    I always sub greek yogurt for sour cream and mayo also. I'm going to be trying to make ranch dip out of it soon. Good luck! I hated greek yogurt but it's grown on me and now i love it. keep trying... the health benefits are worth it!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I like to add either some fresh fruit, Great Grains Protein Blend Cinnamon Hazelnut cereal or some All- Bran Buds cereal for extra protein and fiber.
  • mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    add some ranch dressing mix or dill dressing mix (powder stuff) to the plain kind and mix up. Its a FANTASTICCCCCCCCC Veggie dip!!!! :love:
  • lkchris
    lkchris Posts: 6
    Options
    Mix in PB2 (powdered peanut butter) or PB2 with chocolate. Either kind is only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. It is delicious!!