Ramen ramen ramen...

Okay, so I'm doing a program with my school called the Biggest Winner (a bit corny, I know), where students and staff compete to lose the most body weight percentage. For my first weigh in, she made it clear that ramen was evil, and that you can "see the ramen". These past few days, I've been sick, and everything is coming up except the ramen, so I've had it three times now.

How negatively is this going to affect my weekly weigh-in tomorrow? I've stayed under my daily calorie goals, but I don't know if that matters.

Thanks!

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Lots of empty calories and a ton of sodium. So probably not well.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Temporary weight gain due to the high sodium content
  • If I drink a lot of water today to attempt to flush out the sodium, would that help?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    If I drink a lot of water today to attempt to flush out the sodium, would that help?

Yup.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    You've been sick, so your biggest focus should be on getting healthy.

If you've only eaten the ramen three times a day, you've only had 1140 calories a day so it's not going to affect your overall weight, except for a slight bump in water retention.

I'd bet you're dehydrated anyway if you haven't been able to keep down anything but the ramen, so I'd expect to see an overall loss.
  • It's only been one pack a day, for three different days.
  • Has ALOT of sodium which will make you retain water causing temporary weight gain. Drink a lot of water it will help.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    I love ramen too. Don't use the spice packet. Make your own broth and add the noodles to it. That kills the sodium (unless you add salt) and reduces some of the calories
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Lots of empty calories and a ton of sodium. So probably not well.

exactly! WAY too much sodium - and the noodles are terrible too.