Hi, I'm new!

Options
kellykw
kellykw Posts: 184 Member
I found myfitnesspal by complete accident. I am thinking of buying a treadmill from craigslist and this site came up when I googled for reviews of the model. But I'm glad I'm here. It seems like a friendly, positive place for support and encouragement.

Two years ago I lost 50 pounds. Last year, I gained 50 pounds. So basically I'm back where I started, which is currently at 235 pounds and out of shape again. I wanted to give up, but I can't give up, so I'm trying again. I hope to find some new friends here so we can help each other along the journey.

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is awesome and the people on here are awesome too. Good luck with your journey.
  • bdog2010
    bdog2010 Posts: 3
    Options
    You CAN DO IT! No better time to start then now! Think about the feeling you had when you lost that weight .. take it 1 day at a time :)
  • badknees
    badknees Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello!!!!! I joined this group today at the recommendation of my physician and nutritionist. I'm already feeling thinner! No kidding. The support these members have already offered is amazing. I don't have time to be online much, but this will be my first stop each day. I hope you have great success, that up and down weight issue is so frustrating. Hang in there, I think this is something that can really work. The food diary is amazing, and I had to do it starting today for my doctor. I have 5 weeks to get at least a few pounds off and the diary seems like it could be the best tool for me. Hope all goes well for you.
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weighed 250 as a teen, and dropped down to 180 over a single summer. Not smart. I basically starved myself.

Then I not-so-slowly worked my way up to 280 pounds. So I know where you're coming from.

What I like about this site is that, once I lose the weight, at a healthy speed, I can use the site to MAINTAIN my weight. I'll still food log, still track my calories, but with a vision of remaining at the weight I've fought for.

Good luck!

Nik