Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    3 miles on the Wii Fit
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    3 miles on the Wii Fit

WTG Joanna!! :drinker:

That's a couple miles more then what you have been doing, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks but it's jogging in place... soooo much different (and easier) than an actual jog on the tread or outside. I could jog in place all darn day!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I'd like to join if possible!

I'm a total newbie and I have a history of shin splints (yucky) so i'm taking it really really slow and right now I'm kind of in the mode of "I'm going to slowly and steadly force my body into submission".

I've NEVER been a runner. I grew up with exercise induced broncial spasms (still have 'em) and used it as an excuse to never really do anything. I have inhaler but hardly ever have to use it now.

I also stopped smoking 8 days ago and as a reward I got a gift certificate to great shoe store. Turns out there's nothing wrong with the way I run, my legs just aren't strong enough for that kind of activity. So I got my shoes and I'm ready to be on my way!

I work out at night so I'll update in the mornings.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to acknowledge our friends Kechie and Shannon for their awesome race finishes this weekend!!

You girls ROCK!!

19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif

Thanks Pam! LOVE the cheerleaders. The race results were posted today. My goal was to pr and finish in under 30 minutes. <Drum roll please> I finished in 29:58!:drinker:

Does everyone who races know about "chip time" and "gun time"?:huh: If not, I'll explain.:happy:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Thanks but it's jogging in place... soooo much different (and easier) than an actual jog on the tread or outside. I could jog in place all darn day!

Stop that! You're moving and that is AWESOME. I joke about how I was a triathlete before I started running. I would lay on the couch, drink a glass of wine, and channel surf.

Keep on moving:heart:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I'd like to join if possible!

I'm a total newbie and I have a history of shin splints (yucky) so i'm taking it really really slow and right now I'm kind of in the mode of "I'm going to slowly and steadly force my body into submission".

I've NEVER been a runner. I grew up with exercise induced broncial spasms (still have 'em) and used it as an excuse to never really do anything. I have inhaler but hardly ever have to use it now.

I also stopped smoking 8 days ago and as a reward I got a gift certificate to great shoe store. Turns out there's nothing wrong with the way I run, my legs just aren't strong enough for that kind of activity. So I got my shoes and I'm ready to be on my way!

I work out at night so I'll update in the mornings.

Welcome! I look forward to hearing from you. This is a very supportive board. Some of us run. Some of us walk. Some days we just think about running but don't actually get around to it.:wink:

-Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to acknowledge our friends Kechie and Shannon for their awesome race finishes this weekend!!

You girls ROCK!!

Thanks Pam! LOVE the cheerleaders. The race results were posted today. My goal was to pr and finish in under 30 minutes. <Drum roll please> I finished in 29:58!:drinker:

Does everyone who races know about "chip time" and "gun time"?:huh: If not, I'll explain.:happy:

I knew you could do it!!!!! That's your personal best, right???

Good job!!!! :drinker: :smile: :smooched: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    Options

You girls ROCK!!

I knew you could do it!!!!! That's your personal best, right???

Good job!!!! :drinker: :smile: :smooched: :drinker: :bigsmile:

It is! My old pr was 31:06. I was told not to expect to shave a whole minute "at my age". Obviously, I didn't listen.:laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

Stop that! You're moving and that is AWESOME. I joke about how I was a triathlete before I started running. I would lay on the couch, drink a glass of wine, and channel surf.

Keep on moving:heart:
    -Kechie.
    Yes Ma'am!:happy:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Hello all. Today is a rest day for me. From running that is, I will be hitting the weights this evening. I feel remarkably well after my long run yesterday. Welcome to all of the new members. My family gave me the P90x workout dvd's for Father's Day. Have you seen their infomercials? In a mere 90 days I will be as buff as Ty. I hope you ladies will not objectify me then like you did poor Ty. I want to be respected for my mind!!
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi: Looks like its newbie day... I would love to join this thread too, not only for support, but it does make me accountable. I ran 1.5 miles this afternoon... wanted to do more, but I am battling some soreness in my shins, so I figured I better not push it. Never have been a "runner" but I like a challenge and want to complete a 1/2 marathon by the end of this year (probably Oct/Novish), besides I am finding this "running" thing can be addicting :) Most I have gotten up to was 2.5m last Thursday. Good job to you early runners! Cheers.
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I decided to replace my normal 8-9pm running routine with a bike ride along all my city's ravines. At first, i was getting sick pleasure riding past all the runners. Suddenly the trail abruptly stops - it was dug up for about a km with construction. So i did a little off-road, no biggie. I get past through, and am faced with a giant hill. Full-throtle, i threw my bike down it to see how much speed i can get AND ATE ABOUT A ZILLION BUGS. :embarassed: :frown: :sick:

disgusting. I'm never riding a bike again.

Ok, i lie. I still managed an hour long bike ride around the city. The real point is, I will think twice about ravine-side trails in the evening before a rain storm la la la :ohwell:

Looking forward to my first morning run tomorrow morning! Then, to the Dr. to talk about these recent ankle+knee pains when i start running...:brokenheart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok, I did another 3 miles on the Wii Fit.
    I will be running on the tread tomorrow. The weather over here isn't too good.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    got up nice and early, its cool and cloudy out having my java now..going to try for 3 miles in a few...its been awhile...like over a week...so we shall see!:ohwell:

I love this post!

hugs! & good luck everyone!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi: Looks like its newbie day... I would love to join this thread too, not only for support, but it does make me accountable. I ran 1.5 miles this afternoon... wanted to do more, but I am battling some soreness in my shins, so I figured I better not push it. Never have been a "runner" but I like a challenge and want to complete a 1/2 marathon by the end of this year (probably Oct/Novish), besides I am finding this "running" thing can be addicting :) Most I have gotten up to was 2.5m last Thursday. Good job to you early runners! Cheers.

I had a very brisk 4 mile walk. My shins are bothering me a bit too, so decided to back off just a bit. My goal is a 10k on Aug 31. I am not sure if running is my passion yet as I am just beginning, but I am enjoying the eoncouragment from this site by seeing what others are doing out there.
  • RunningRatty
    RunningRatty Posts: 161
    Options
    I am thinking of getting my partner to pay for my regsitration to a half marathon next February for my birthday present in a few weeks time...to help motivate me back to my running.

Good idea? :smile:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I set out for a 10k tonight and it was so beautiful and calm outside I ended up going 11!! Almost 7 miles...made me feel wonderful. Great way to end my day. I made good time too....56 mins....I love running when there is no wind!

I am thinking I will get one more run in this week before my 5k on Saturday.....good idea or no?

Happy Running!!

Ali:happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I did run today yey!!! And burned just about 500 calories before I had to tuck tired kids into bed. WHEWH! Felt good! I love keeping track here with everyone. Thanks!