Countdown to Summer CHALLENGE!

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
Thirteen weeks from Friday is the first day of summer, the longest day of the year, and my 10-year wedding anniversary. Thirteen weeks is really quite a long time. You can truly transform your body and improve your health significantly in thirteen weeks. I for one, would love to see these muscles I’ve been working so hard on, show themselves off a little more. I’d love to drop that last pesky 5 pounds, and more than anything, I’d love to lose those last two inches of fat that reside just below my belly button.

I’m taking it up a notch. Think of it as my mini-challenges on steroids… except they won’t really be on steroids because steroids aren’t good for you and we’re all about good health here ;)

Requirements:
1) Commitment to exercise at least 45 minutes five days a week (can be broken up into two workouts).
2) Commitment to making good food choices and staying around your weekly calorie goals.
3) Weights. If you don’t have access to dumbbells, you can get creative with household items (water bottles, gallon of juice, canned goods), just make sure they weigh enough to be a challenge.

Here’s what to expect. Approximately 30 minutes of strength training + 15-30 minutes of cardio exercise 3 days a week. Approximately 45-60 minutes of cardio 2-3 days a week. Rest 1-2 days a week. I’ll still be posting mini-challenges 6 days a week, though it’s not required that you complete them to take part in this challenge.

Please let me know if you’re interested in getting on board. I’ll set up a group and we’ll get started on Friday.

Replies

• reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    im interested!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am in! I was looking for this kind of challege for a while:) Thank you. When do we start?
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    okay, I'll try to do this.
  • scarywordlikediet
    scarywordlikediet Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I want in.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    interested
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    You're goals sound exactly like mine, and your 1,2,3 is exactly what I'm doing currently. I'll join and hope I see some good results. I'm down for mini challenges and could always use help to stay focused on food goals, that's certainly my weakest spot.
  • satukyn
    satukyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    count me in! (:
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    interested!
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Love a challenge :) I have a long way to go to my goal weight, so this can help me stay on track! Let's do this!! Thanks for setting this up :)
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. I already lift 3 days per week but I struggle with cardio. I hate it. Maybe with some motivational folks around I'll do it more consistently.
  • TheKittyCato
    TheKittyCato Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I interested in participating in the challenge.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Lets do this!
  • s041605
    s041605 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in I need a new group to motivate.
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oooooh me ... me ... pick me!!!
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    yes please
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Sounds great. My gym is doing a team competition, 4 people, 1 trainer, 8 weeks of *kitten* kicking
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Me, me!
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo ready!!!!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!! I would love to get in on this