Thyroid (Hashimotos), Mastocytosis

Options
If you even have the foggiest about what I'm talking about with regard to Mastocytosis, feel free to friend me. :)

With regard to the thyroid issues, I'm quite discouraged about how much effort I am putting in vs. the lack of results, and not just lack of results, but heading in the wrong direction. I've been faithfully recording, going to the gym regularly, even warming up and cooling down to make sure I don't injure myself and I've being very good at avoiding processed stuff.

I'm not really sure what else I can do...?

Replies

• nemmigirl93
    nemmigirl93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. Up until they put me on thyroxine, I found it very difficult to lose weight. Are you on any treatment?
  • Sharlie73
    Options
    I've been on a very low dose thyroid med for about 3 months and the dr says my levels are just back within normal range now.

My results are starting to show a little but it's just not as fast as I would like. And it doesn't reflect how much effort I am putting in.

Maybe this is just normal for people with thyroid issues. Anyway I'll just keep plugging away and see how I go.
  • mverburgt
    mverburgt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had hyper thyroidism and went from a normal weight of 175 down to 165 before they gave me radioactive iodine to slow down my thyroid. Once it slowed down and they started me on medication, I went up to 185#. I have been on Levoxl for a few years now and work out regularly and have not been able to get back to my pre-thyroid issue weight. I have not been good at watching my diet so I recently joined MFP to try and do better.