Great-grandma needs to get healthy!

Options
Well, this is a difficult task, as I really don't know what to say, but I'll give you the basics...

55 y.o., 5'5", 371 lbs.

Started as a young person of normal weight, then got married and started having babies. Got to keep 10 lbs with each one, and I had 4.

Then, over the years, I added another 100 lbs... that took 25 years. Was 290 at age 50 (now with 6 grandkids and 3 great-grandkids!).

Then, in 18 months, I put on another 100 lbs. I became completely sedentary because of back pain, degenerating discs, etc.
And my living situation was not really helping matters. Without going into details, I now live with my daughter (who has, herself, lost 45 pounds, looks great and recommended this site!). Am waiting for warmer weather when she opens the backyard pool to start a fitness program. But with her wonderful cooking, I am starting the "diet" portion of this journey now.

That's me in a nutshell. Glad to talk with anyone who wants to share.
~cj

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you can add me if you would like
  • cjjohn1
    cjjohn1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ava. FR sent.
  • SpunkySue0611
    Options
    Welcome! You should check out You Tube for easy non-impact beginner workouts. Even if you start out doing 10 minutes -
    10 minutes of moving is better than just sitting. Don't think that you have to keep up with whoever you're working out to. You can do it! I just joined this site today and have been reading and reading. What an awesome community for support!
  • cjjohn1
    cjjohn1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sue! I'm encouraged by everything I've seen here so far! Thank you also for the YouTube tip... I'll look into it!