First time calorie counter

Options
ladyjbg
ladyjbg Posts: 17 Member
Hi all, newbie to MFP, I joined on Monday after my daughter told me about the site. Lost 38lb last year doing Slimming World but managed to gain back 27lb over the last 10 months or so. Now trying to get back on track with diet and exercise and have to say this is the first time I have tried calorie counting and so far I'm finding it a lot easier to keep on track thanks to MFP!!! - this takes all the guesswork out of the equation and means I can't kid myself by 'generously' underestimating what I'm eating and then wondering why I'm not losing any weight!! :laugh:

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • stacyhoffman
    stacyhoffman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie too~ I just joined last night, I am already addicted!
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    Thanks Katie :smile:
  • MomBo
    MomBo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great site, especially for calorie counting. So understand your 'generously' underestimating... made me smile....so me. I have to use a kitchen scale and measuring cups as well as spoons. Sometimes I am amazed at how much 4 oz can be and other times I am in shock how little it is. Good luck on your quest to lose those pounds, again. The life of a yo-yo...most of us have been there! Trying real hard to break the cycle.
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    I know just what you mean Stacy - I keep looking up the calorie values of all of my fave foods - including the 'naughty' ones then work out what I can 'afford' to have -it's great to know I can have an occasional treat and still stay within my calorie budget :happy:
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    So you-you are a yo- yo-er too - I share your pain lol - here's hoping this time I'll just go yo instead of yo- yo :laugh:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you. I have found the only way for me to be successful is counting calories and making sure I am measuring my food correctly. This is a great site for doing both.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you've come to the right place. You'll love it here. The people are great. Make a bunch of new friends and you will be so encouraged. Having a moment, post it and people will talk you out of it right away. Talked me out of a coke today. Any other time I would have just drank it right down just cause I wanted it! Welcome to the club!
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    you've come to the right place. You'll love it here. The people are great. Make a bunch of new friends and you will be so encouraged. Having a moment, post it and people will talk you out of it right away. Talked me out of a coke today. Any other time I would have just drank it right down just cause I wanted it! Welcome to the club!

Thanks for the welcome - it's good to know the support is there if you need it from like minded people with a common goal - makes all the difference :smile:
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you. I have found the only way for me to be successful is counting calories and making sure I am measuring my food correctly. This is a great site for doing both.

Thanks for the welcome - I'm off to a good start so hope I can keep it up - this site just makes me want to log everything I've eaten to see if I can stay within my calorie total - no 'hidden extras' lol :laugh: