Best protein powders?

Options
jen76l
jen76l Posts: 2
Hello everyone! Decided to get back into shape after slacking off for the last five or so years. I have about 35 pounds to lose and want to do it the healthy way. I am looking for great tasting protein powders to use in a smoothie in the morning that are low calorie. I am usually rushed in the morning and figured a smoothine may work best for me. Any ideas or good recipes?

Replies

• KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love Biochem Vanilla Whey, but it has 7 grams of sugar per serving. So.... I switched to Body Fortress Vanilla Whey, it only has 2 grams of protein BUT it has 22% of my daily cholesterol. :/

I like both of them but if someone has any recommendation on other great tasting, low sugar, low cholesterol vanilla whey protein mixes I'd be interested too.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Syntrax Nectar in Chocolate Truffle and Vanilla Torte.
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love Biochem Vanilla Whey, but it has 7 grams of sugar per serving. So.... I switched to Body Fortress Vanilla Whey, it only has 2 grams of protein BUT it has 22% of my daily cholesterol. :/

I like both of them but if someone has any recommendation on other great tasting, low sugar, low cholesterol vanilla whey protein mixes I'd be interested too.

2 grams of protein per serving? I think you mean sugar... Body Fortress has like 26 grams of protein per scoop.
  • boriquachula
    boriquachula Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like Isofuel. It has 25g of protein and 104 calories. It tastes REALLY good too. My favorite is the cake batter flavor but they have other ones like chocolate mint and cookies and cream. You can get it from muscleandstrength.com
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition whey all the way!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard Whey or Syntrax....
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

ftw!

I love, love, LOVE their mocha cappuccino flavored whey protein.
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My faves are optimum nutrition platinum hydro whey, 2 carbs, 30 protein. Jay Robb whey protein, 1 carb, 24 protein.
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    This all day.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Metrx Ultramyosyn Whey and Walker's Diet...Both taste good, low carbs, good protein and calories 110 and 130 per scoop..Walker's Diet is a meal replacement drink and packed full of nutrients too, all of them taste good.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb egg or whey, Sprouts Show Me The Whey, Designer Whey. and MRM egg protein are my faves. I've tried vegan pea protein and do not like it at all.
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion is amazing! They have great flavors! Cinnamon Roll is my favorite. I order it from bodybuilding.com :smile:
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I like muscle pharm banana cream. So yummy!:wink:
  • coderlaury
    coderlaury Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Strawberry Mousse; Syntrax Orange Naturals, Six Star Elite Tripple Chocolate
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options

currently using the cinnamon graham cracker one, delicious.
  • snowbell55
    snowbell55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Herbalife Wild berry with Walmart frozen fresh strawberries no sugar added. Fills you up and a great Breakfast or lunch..
  • JuliyaRN
    JuliyaRN Posts: 18
    Options
    I use muscle milk poweders, its ok, still tastes like protein powder though. it's not a steak dinner or a fudge sundae, but its tolerable. gets the job done
  • coderlaury
    coderlaury Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the Optimum Protein? Cinnamon Graham Cracker sounds delish! I was "addicted" to animal crackers every night before I went to bed...sounds like that may be a good option.
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    North Coast Naturals - 100% Iso Whey... Flipping delicious! Om nom nom. :happy:

i1lgye.png