Joined today!

Options
JacciSimms
JacciSimms Posts: 212 Member
I hate keeping a food diary, but hope this one will be different. I have 85 lbs to lose. Hopefully, I'll be able to do this in a year or less. I look forward to learning more about this site. I do EA Active for the Wii and Wii fit 6 days a week. Any idea how I can track that exercise?

Replies

• mchelle125
    mchelle125 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here today too! :) Seems like a great site! I'm doing Insanity which also isn't in the exercise list so I just used "High Intensity Aerobics" instead. I think Insanity is probably even more intense and burns more calories but probably as close as I can come.

Good luck in your journey!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You can track the exercise with the Exercise tab at the top, you can add your own workout categories if needed and the Wii and EA Active should tell you an estimate of calories, but I would suggest a HRM, my wife did teh Wii stuff and cals were WAAYYY Off
  • eab0024
    eab0024 Posts: 1
    Options
    i actually joined a wee bit ago but i have no friends on this site so i would like to socialize with other people using this site! i wanna be a part of the encouragement!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!! We are glad to have you here on MFP.

85lbs in a year? Yes, I think that is doable! Anything is possible!! Stick with us. This is no diet. This is learning to eat right to lose weight and then maintain a healthy weight. This is a lifestyle change. It takes time to learn it and become accustomed to it, but it's so worth it!!

Welcome new folks!!!
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jacci! I'm fairly new here also...this is my third week. I also hope to lose 80 lbs in a year but will be happy with any progress I make. Please feel free to add me to your friends list if you would like. We have a very similar goal and we could encourage each other. Can't help you with the Wii question as I don't have Wii. I also used to hate keeping a food journal and that used to be the first thing that would get me to throw in the towel. But here it is amazingly easy. This site does all of the work for us. All we have to do is measure our portions and be true to what we recorded. So this is a new leaf for both of us and we can do this!!!