How much weight have you lost?

Options
FatNFunky
FatNFunky Posts: 16 Member
Hi all,

So how much weight have you lost? Do you feel better for it? In what way?

I've lost 9 and a half stone, its taken 2 years, I am happy that I can fit into smaller clothes and feel fitter but I don't feel like me?

Has anyone else had this problem? Will it get better as I get used to the new me?

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've lost approximately 48 lbs. Unlike you, I am finally feeling like me again. That fat person wasn't me, it was just someone that took over my body and brain for 15 years or so. I'm never letting her back in!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 Lbs with about 10 or so more to go. I feel much better...much more like my old self rather than my more recent fat self. I'm a former athlete and former Marine. I must have gotten used to being my fat self though because I forgot what this was like to be lean and fit...now that I'm getting it back, along with my fitness I'm just ecstatic.

I'm sure you'll adjust..it'll just take time.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Seventy pound in almost two years.

I feel better physically and mentally. I can do more and as a consequence am more active.

I'm actually starting to feel more like me, and I expect that to continue as I continue to lose.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Lost 14 stone 6 pounds in 23 months (202 pounds for anyone in the US). Just 3 pounds more and I will be 12 stone (168 pounds). My BMI is still 26 but I see myself probably trying to maintain that. I am going by body shape instead. I did manage to maintain for 2 months but have suddenly dropped 2 pounds in one week.

Having been overweight for over 25 years, I still don't recognise myself. I probably averaged putting on half a stone (7 pounds) every year for all that time.

I have more energy although I always thought I had enough anyway but I now have even more.
  • Velecia42
    Options
    Ive lost 20 pound...the new me is feeling grrrreat now that getting fit even out look on life has change
  • FatNFunky
    FatNFunky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! I do feel like I'll feel better with time..... NWG74 wow! well done thats amazing!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! I do feel like I'll feel better with time..... NWG74 wow! well done thats amazing!

Thanks.

Having been so big and losing so much I have ended up with one bad thing that I suffer from. After I lost 5 stone I started getting backache. I put it down to centre of gravity and posture changing. February last year was the worse time as I managed to sprain my wrist for nearly 3 months after falling against a wall trying to walk with a rigid back. My hand also swelled up twice the size. It has got a lot better since I got under 13 stone but I still get a stiff back occasionally.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 pounds since January 2nd. I did take before pics which I was very thankful for when I updated those photos recently. I look like Ive lost a lot more than that thanks to lifting heavy :)
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I've lost 31 pounds so far. It's only a fraction of the goal I want to attain, but I am already starting to look and feel better, and my belt size has gone down several notches.

Although, one of the greatest things about losing the weight is that when I see that number on the scale go down, I know that I'm doing it! I know I can keep going. The best part of losing the weight is that I know I can keep doing it, and be the healthy person I want to be!
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have exactly your problem! Not that I would wish it on anyone but its good to know its not just me... I have never been slim, not as a kid, not as a teenager and not as an adult (though I look back at pics of me as a teenager and feel bad, because I wasn't that fat but people made me think I was). I've lost 4 stone and gone down 4 dress sizes and whilst I think I look good, I find it really strange to look in the mirror and not recognise myself! I find it weird how people react to me differently, I don't know what to do when guys hit on me, I'm not sure what sort of clothes will suit me any more... I'm not sure what spaces I fit into anymore, or whether, if I hold up an item of clothing it will fit me or not.
    It is disconcerting to have no idea of yourself or what you really look like.
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    51 lbs in 6 months, I feel so much better, more energy, was taking a pill for diabetes and not anymore! Life is good, about 20 more to go!!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    80 lbs! and oh man do i feel better for it, more confident and happier, more energy too!
  • JEmbry515
    JEmbry515 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have lost 10lb in 3wks and have an up coming weigh in this Thursday. Honestly after every workout I feel amazing. I am getting stronger. faster, and best of all happier.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have lost 94 pounds in 8 months and I keep having to do a double-take ever time I pass a mirror. Being morbidly obese most of my life, I still feel like the fat guy in the room. It surprises me when I learn people I consider about normal weight weigh more than I do. It is hard to visualize where my current body size fits in comparatively.

I still have about 50 pounds to go but I feel really good.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    since being on here I have lost 44 lbs since September 1, 2012. I was at my heaviest last March I was 202 lbs. Now I'm 144. I havent had a healthy BMI since I was 12 years old and I will be 39 Next month. I feel great. I would like to lose another 24-29. Which would put me at 115-120 I think that would be perfect for me since I'm only 5'1"
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    74lbs in 14 months. I just recently realized that I did this! I've got it under control and am feeling great. You will too....keep telling yourself THIS IS ME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!