Hello My Name Is...............................

Options
CHRISTOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 34, morbidly obese, and I hate it. I've been working for 6 weeks now on a lifestyle change. It's not easy, and I'm not perfect, but I'd say I've been 95% true to it, and I can already tell a huge difference!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hey Christopher. Welcome aboard! This website has really helped me to the point where I no longer feel fat. I hope you like it as much as I do, and please feel free to add me as a support friend.
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    Hi Christopher...

Very awesome....keep it up...and the differences will just keep coming. Every day is a reward and a learning process with this. If we're not happy with ourselves, and that includes our bodies......we're just not happy people. We don't need to beating ourselves up all the time. Good for you, stick with it....you have a lot of healthy life ahead of you......spend it being HAPPY!!! Keep on truckin' you'll fall in love with yourself !!!
  • Dcjones
    Dcjones Posts: 12
    Options
    Good luck..the "nice" thing about being heaver is you should see results quick which should be encouraging.
    Watch what you eat...start walking!
  • kelkenneally
    kelkenneally Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello:smile:
    I love this site I hope you have great success using it. You can add me for support if you would like...
    Kelly
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Well hello Chris and welcome to a truly wonderful site! Sounds like you are off to a great start being 6 weeks in already. And you are so right that this is definitely not easy. I like to refer to it as a journey and I'm trying to enjoy it day by day. I think you'll find the community here the best part of the site. There are loads of amazing people here with equally amazing stories to tell. I wish you all the best on your journey. We'll all be here for support when you need it!:happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Welcome Christopher! You are well on your way! And, YOU DESERVE IT! You are worthy of feeling healthy and fit and looking SMOKIN' Hot in your jeans! Have a great Sat.! Why don't you join us for the Skinny Saturday Challenge? Check it out under Motivation and Support!
    Fab
  • MontyWHaggerman
    Options
    Hey buddy....

I'm like WAY under weight....so I joined to fix that.....but in the long run...we are both under the same issue.....eating...I HATE eating.....and wish I didn't have to......

sooooooo....guess what.....I have to drink lots of water and exercise....and eat right too!!!!! lol......

HANG IN THERE!!!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome christopher! :drinker:

slow and steady wins the race, best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Christopher and welcome to MFP!! You will love this site if you put it to good use!! There are a lot of great tools to use and people to help you out and take your journey with you. We are all in the same boat and it is so nice to check in here and chat with people who understand, can offer advice or sympathize with you.
    I am sending you a friend request and I hope to "hear" a lot from you. Good luck and you can do this, if I can anyone can!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hi Christopher! I'm Melissa! I'm 28 and obese. I don't feel obese, and I'm not totally convinced I look obese but the scale and charts so it's so, so it must be. I've been working at this for a few months, and since I've really been sticking to it, I'm finally noticing a difference. I wish you much success on your journey! Friend me if you want, you never can have too much support here!
  • jewelshere
    jewelshere Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Christopher! My name is jewel. You're going to love it here! The people are amazing and supportive, the tools are fabulous! Feel free to add me as a friend

Cheers for now!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christopher! I'm Nina. I have a lot of weight to lose, too, (1/2 of myself), but this time I'm GOING to do it! Everyone here is great. Track calories, get moving and stay positive. Although people say you will lose faster b/c you have more to lose, don't be discouraged if you don't. I lost about 7lbs and then plateaued for several weeks. Got awesome support here and kept going. Ask lots of questions! Lots of luck!
  • chris47601
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everyone! My friend Bluepenny asked me to come over. Look her up on my profile and friend her. She is really looking for support. I'll push her at work, you guys help me here!

I have gained two notches on my belt in 6 weeks. I do not weigh (except for a start and end weight for the fitness challenge at work), and I still have the kinds of foods that I like, but I have a plan! And it works!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone as we travel this road together.

For the fellow who is looking to gain weight, how much research have you done on the topic? It really is important. I can hook you up with some guys that have been successful at adding and staying fit!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I've been either overweight or obese for nearly my entire life. You can add me if you like. Congrats on your progress so far!